- 6 Posts
Can't select "Subject" in Gmail.
This is weird.
My wife is getting rather frustrated with her One X. To the point where she wants to give it up for an old 3GS. All sort of odd stuff happening. Momentary freezes, buttons that refuse to be clicked...
But maybe I can get a handle on the problem by presenting a simple single symptom:
- Open up GMail
- Hit the letter icon to compose a new email.
- Click "To" and you enter the address fine.
- Click the bottom bit and write your email fine.
- But click "Subject", and you are either put in the "To" or "Body" section. I refuses to select this middle option.
- This only happens in Portrait. It works fine in Landscape.
A second symptom.
- pick an app to download.
- get to the "Accept & download" button.
- you can't click on the damn thing!
- turn it onto landscape, and it listens to you.
Has anyone see this stuff?
- 08-02-2012, 05:59 AM #2
- 6 Posts
Re: Can't select "Subject" in Gmail.
Okay, but the problems are wider than simply Gmail.
I just did a bit more fiddling. It has a dead zone near the top of the display.
A region along about where the second line of icons would sit on the homescreen.
If I hold down an icon, making it ghost and allowing me to move it, I can slide it around the screen, until I move it upwards or downwards into this zone. Then my finger loses effect, and it drops the icon. I experimented quite a bit. There is a definite region.
It's about the same spot as the "Subject" line appears in Gmail, and that "Accept & download" button is placed.
Good. I have a definite thing I can show to the guy in the phone store.
(But he has already said there is a FOUR week wait on repairs from HTC. Arrrrgggghhhh *choke*)
- 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM #4