06-16-2013 11:38 AM
- I figured out how to fix my phone after the "black screen" update. I downloaded the latest working firmware file and re-installed it and the phone came back up just fine. Just download "RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US_1.85.502.3_R2_Radio_0.17.32.09.12_10.86.32.08L_release_262092_signed" and restore the phone.08-03-2012 12:29 PM
- That's why I started a new thread so it wouldn't get mixed in with all of the other comments.
Just do a google search for the file and download it from one of the many sites that has it.
Also, after restoring the phone and before loading any apps or data on it I did a "Check for update" and it downloaded the AT&T update again and installed without a problem.08-03-2012 12:41 PM
- I figured out how to fix my phone after the "black screen" update. I downloaded the latest working firmware file and re-installed it and the phone came back up just fine. Just download "RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US_1.85.502.3_R2_Radio_0.17.32.09.12_10.86.32.08L_release_262092_signed" and restore the phone.
Thanks!08-03-2012 01:49 PM
- Make sure you press and hold the power button until the phone turns on. Although you won't see anything on screen you will hear the startup jingle and the buttons on the bottom will light up. The firmware restore program should then see the phone and restore correctly.08-03-2012 04:40 PM
- 08-03-2012 10:13 PM
Whether it works or not, I've got a new phone coming from AT&T tomorrow. If this works I'll probably keep one phone stock, and play around with rooting and roms on the other.
Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it!08-03-2012 10:36 PM
- I was able to fix this by installing the update available on HTC's website from my computer. You will lose all data, root, or whatever on the phone doing it, however.
http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_o...s_08022012.exe or from HTC One08-09-2012 10:03 AM
- I figured out how to fix my phone after the "black screen" update. I downloaded the latest working firmware file and re-installed it and the phone came back up just fine. Just download "RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US_1.85.502.3_R2_Radio_0.17.32.09.12_10.86.32.08L_release_262092_signed" and restore the phone.08-18-2012 04:41 PM
- Okay, I just went ahead and ran the 2.2 RUU. The phone is fixed and I still have the contents of /sdcard including all the pictures I was worried about loosing. The rest of the phone seems to have been reset (I had to reenter my Google account information, WiFi setup and so forth)
Anyone else who is having this problem, go ahead to htc's website at:
Thanks for the help!08-19-2012 08:23 PM
- I had this same issue last night - updated (or was in the process of) to 4.0.4 on a brand new, stock One X. Came back about 30 minutes into the update and had the dreaded red triangle. Reboots resulted in nothing more than a splash screen which led to a black screen.
I installed HTC sync app on computer, downloaded the RUU.exe file talked about above and plugged in my phone. Windows recognized the phone but it never showed up as a drive or anywhere else. HTC Sync app also never actually found the phone. Ran the .exe and it found it, flashed stock image and once rebooted after installing, was found by windows and HTC sync.
Crisis averted.08-21-2012 08:10 AM
- HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets10-30-2012 12:18 AM
- I'm not getting anywhere. The program says it cannot detect my phone, despite various attempts to power it by holding down power button etc. I have HTC Sync Manager.
When the phone is connected in device manager it shows up sometimes, it constantly says it is attempting to install drivers, then failing, then starting again, endless loop in the background and on my system tray. And the program always comes back with Error: USB CONNECTION ERROR - The ROM update utility cannot connect to your android phone. Please check that the U SB cable is connected....06-16-2013 09:22 AM
- after removing drivers and rebooting got another message from attempt, that the battery was low. However the charging light does not come on as it is now, unless I drain it completely then charge from that. So I guess that's m y next step, let it drain all day, then charge till green, then attempt. Hopefully then...06-16-2013 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD