Android noob need rooting?

Epillon21

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This HTC One XL is my first android device since I was a looooong time Blackberry user. Needless to say I feel like I went from a dingy to an aircraft carrier. I've read some on rooting the device and its benefits but just wonder if its something you'd recommend to an Android noobie? I'm no stranger to installing hybrid OS's on my BB and manual updates but this HTC is admittedly quite foreign to me but I LOVE it and adapting quickly. So is rooting something I can sort of learn over time or do I just run a higher risk of bricking my device by playing with it? I like the idea of being the "system admin" instead of a just a "user" of my own device. Opinions are welcomed and appreciated. Thank you. Cheers!

Reactions: puffski

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This HTC One XL is my first android device since I was a looooong time Blackberry user. Needless to say I feel like I went from a dingy to an aircraft carrier. I've read some on rooting the device and its benefits but just wonder if its something you'd recommend to an Android noobie? I'm no stranger to installing hybrid OS's on my BB and manual updates but this HTC is admittedly quite foreign to me but I LOVE it and adapting quickly. So is rooting something I can sort of learn over time or do I just run a higher risk of bricking my device by playing with it? I like the idea of being the "system admin" instead of a just a "user" of my own device. Opinions are welcomed and appreciated. Thank you. Cheers!

I just responded to this on another thread but personally to me (and I know all the rooter/custom ROM people will disagree) it isn't something after having used my android phones for the past year and a half I am comfortable doing. Don't want to void that warranty or brick my phone. Lots of different launchers out there to play with first at least. Just my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678