best ics/jellybean rom for the att hox

Jessicaa39

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tested out cm10 on the hox is it recommended as a daily driver? i need to get rid of sense and really want any sort of jelly bean rom like cm10 or aokp but cant find much and get confused between the international and att version roms. If there arent any semi-stable jellybean roms does anyone know if cm9 is stable for the att hox? I just want to flash something more stock android on my phone.. I hate to sound stupid I'm really new to android if anyone could help me

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tested out cm10 on the hox is it recommended as a daily driver? i need to get rid of sense and really want any sort of jelly bean rom like cm10 or aokp but cant find much and get confused between the international and att version roms. If there arent any semi-stable jellybean roms does anyone know if cm9 is stable for the att hox? I just want to flash something more stock android on my phone.. I hate to sound stupid I'm really new to android if anyone could help me

Not I, have had multiple android phones and have never taken the chance to start messing with my phone this way. Have an old HTC Inspire sitting around have thought about messing with that one, but I don't want to do anything that could void my warranty after having to trade in my last phone a GS2 Skyrocket twice under warranty.

I have gone as far as watching some YouTube videos and reading a lot if threads on xda developers, and it seems way too complicated. I would head to that forum and read up. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
One X Original Android Development - xda-developers

The above link has AOKP Jellybean and CM10. Both are still alpha quality, and suffer from the same problems. Camera is iffy, Video Camera is non-existant, call quality issues for some, speaker phone issues, BT issues... basically all the usual problems when the devs do not have the proper source code from HTC. I think kernel source is the main stumbling block, as usual.

If you do not need the camera, do not need Facebook app (kills battery) and are willing to tolerate poorer battery life... you can get on the Jellybean train now. I put it on there just to see, and it does feel snappy. But then all ROMs do when fresh and new. If you are one of those with call quality issues, you will want to have a nice backup of your current setup to restore.

The CM9 ICS rom has slightly better camera/video camera performance, and less serious battery issues I believe, but I stopped keeping up when CM10 came out.