OK what is going on with my data usage

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
20120815101659.png

20120815101725.png

This is my second one X that is doing this ?!?! Good thing that is wifi usage last month I went over my plan because of this issue. Right now I have a BONE STOCK phone I didn't download one app from the play store just to see if this would happen again WTF.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If it's your second phone with the same issue I suspect it's one of your apps that you had installed on your old phone and on the new one. There was an app history app that allows you to monitor but I forgot the name maybe someone else can post it. I think it was app history or something.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Guys, just take that screen that I shown below and scroll it up.

It shows you what apps are using the bandwidth.

4b9771a5-61b9-1dbe.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Getting stuck syncing something perhaps. Syncing picasa? Drive? Google+ photos? Dropbox photo upload? Something sync related with that kind of bandwidth is my guess.

If you are not sure what, remove all your accounts and see if the drain stops. If so, start adding back one at a time until you find the cause. But with that bandwidth, starting with pics/movies and music is a good bet.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Is this a problem with the actual phone.? Or an app gone haywire.? Cause im getting my hox this weekend,but i dont want to be charged more then im already willing to pay just cause an app went into a data frenzy hunger lol.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this a problem with the actual phone.? Or an app gone haywire.? Cause im getting my hox this weekend,but i dont want to be charged more then im already willing to pay just cause an app went into a data frenzy hunger lol.

Its not specific to the HOX you see the same complaints on the Samsung SG3.
The problem is people are syncing far more stuff than they realize and there are some very misbehaved apps (looking at you Facebook) that mindlessly push data in both directions. Some of these use the system downloader/uploader app, which attributes all the bandwidth to the system, instead of the app itself.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oldescript

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its not specific to the HOX you see the same complaints on the Samsung SG3.
The problem is people are syncing far more stuff than they realize and there are some very misbehaved apps (looking at you Facebook) that mindlessly push data in both directions. Some of these use the system downloader/uploader app, which attributes all the bandwidth to the system, instead of the app itself.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Alrighty,thanks man.

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Facebook live feed in sync options is left on by default. Turn that sucker off!

Sent from my HTC One X

I turned off all my auto sync and I restricted background data, thank goodness I have Wifi at home and work otherwise I'd be at 2/3GB of my limit in 1 WEEK.

Could syncing really use 2 GB of data in 6 days ?! That doesn't seem reasonable. This is a brand new phone I installed absolutely NO apps

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Sync the livefeed does what exactly.? Isnt it just for it to display on a widget.?

No. My fb widget still updates every4 hours with live feed off. It used to stay on and show in my notification bar. Ate my data and battery. Stupid useless option.

Sent from my HTC One X

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned off all my auto sync and I restricted background data, thank goodness I have Wifi at home and work otherwise I'd be at 2/3GB of my limit in 1 WEEK.

Could syncing really use 2 GB of data in 6 days ?! That doesn't seem reasonable. This is a brand new phone I installed absolutely NO apps

What accounts did you link to your phone? Gmail? Dropbox? Drive? Do you have Picassa albums and are syncing those? Google+ user with auto photo upload?

There is plenty that comes preloaded that COULD give you a lot of sync time. Much of it does not work except on wifi however, so perhaps your worries about your data consumption are not as bad as you think. Maybe they are, just saying don't panic until you know what is up :).

Do you stream music? Most streaming music does high quality when on wifi.

When you configured your phone, you probably linked a Gmail account. What are you syncing within that account? Look at the settings and see if any have a little ! next to it indicating a problem.

If you are shooting pics and have dropbox photo upload going (wifi only), I could get that usage with all the snaps I take some days.

sumeshd

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 1gb subscribed data per month and after that the carrier charges for data and my last month usage went to 3.8 gb without downloading any freaking thing..I have to pay 10,000 rs..that's like 180$ just Bcoz of stupidity of my phone..:mad:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Turn on the data limit alarm at the least. Your stupid phone will notify you when your limit is approaching.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Glance at it once in a while, but i don't need to worry about wifi overage charges.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
does anyone else look at their Wi-Fi usage ?

Im usually on my girlfriends wifi she got from at&t as well,she gets like 150Gigs and she alone cant use that much data so i gotta help her out lol. The most i ever use is >6Gb so 150 is insane. Hell whos uses that much.? Unless their expecting people to use a super data hungry.. thing that eats it all up. But im not complaining lol.

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
i signed out of my google plus account , I don't have anything in the background uploading i.e dropbox picassa , none of that. I downloaded no new apps on this new phone., Yet the android OS still seems to use 20MB every half hour- hour or so. I don't know whats going on but im about to return this phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37