Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default International Version on T-Mobile?

Does anyone know if the international quad-core version of the HTC One X is compatible with T-Mobile's 3G/HSPA spectrum. Was thinking about the One S, but the screen looks nicer on the One X.

It looks like it supports the 1900 MHz that T-Mobile is expanding. I'm just not sure.

Thanks.
    Last edited by srosencrans; 08-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: International Version on T-Mobile?

Pretty sure you'll have EDGE only, but maybe someone has tried and would be able to tell you for sure. I know the actual chip inside the phone supports it, but that doesn't mean HTC lets it get used.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It seems I read somewhere else though, that it would most likely only get edge until later in the year when TMo expanded the 1900 band, then it should kick in.
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You should wait untill the new one plus is relesed. Its headin' to tmobile. Itll be compatible with both 3g nd 4g. Itll have a 1.7ghz quad core processor. Better then then the international version.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2 on G2x

Yup. You'll want to just wait until the One X+ rolls out. Hopefully HTC will be able to use this time to work out some of the kinks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM

Thanks, I'll do some more research on it, I got a few months so no biggie at the moment. Thanks for your help everyone.

Smile Re: International Version on T-Mobile?

HTC One X International here in Atlanta is 1900 Mhz active. Data is faster than my previous T-mo HTC Amaze 4G. And yes, I just got Jelly Bean, too.

Live in Chicago too.