HTC One X or SGS3 or wait?

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So I've owned my One X for about 17 days now and have enjoyed using it quite a lot. Since this is my first real foray in to the world of Android, this was a very big step for me. Even though I love my Blackberry, I wanted to expand my horizon, not be ignorant and try something new. Being that I only have 30 days and a one shot return if I decide to pick up the Samsung. I wanted to make sure that I could live with the One X as my daily driver for at least the next two years.

About the HTC One X. I love the build quality. It's solid, sleek and sexy. The Sense interface (skin) is gorgeous and intuitive. Everyday with the help of this site and Youtube, I am really learning how to use my device. Battery is what I would expect out of a powerful mini computer. It is a little less than my Berry with moderate use. App store is nice and It's great not having reboot my device everytime I download and install an app (I think BBX will address this issue). Screen is bright and vibrant. Sound could be better (9930 is way louder). Social intergration is amazing and Hulu and Netflix are a joy. Everything about the phone screams "KEEP ME"! except for one real downside. The lack of expandable storage. Yes, I am using dropbox. I tried the Google one, but wasn't happy with it.

I took a look at how I use my Blackberry an essentially its a phone communication device first and a media device second. I have 40 gigs of storage (8 internal & 32 SD card) and boy do I use a lot of it. Primarily I have music and photos and very few videos, but no movies. I have over 300 music cds saved and over 400 photos and maybe 7-10 recorded family videos.

Enter the Samsung Galaxy S 3. Touchwiz & oversaturation of color from camera seem to be the only real negatives for me. I know many have complained about the cheap plastic build quality, but I would definetly buy an Otterbox for it so that would be a moot point.

So basically HELP! what is the best possible advice can anyone give to this excited, yet distraught Android noob?

SideKickM24

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I jumped from iPhone 4 and was on a debate between the HTC One X or a SGs3, I went with the SgS3 and couldn't be happier really. I don't feel that it has a cheap feel to it, its sleek and sexy actually lol but I'm very protective of my stuff so I have a OB Commuter case and Zagg screen protector.
I'm still learning (on day 18 for me) and really feel comfortable having it for the next two years. I'm quite new to the forum and to Android but I thought I'd share my opinion with you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: schlemer

Gehrbox

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an 32GB iPhone4 I read up on both the GS3 and HOX. I chose the HOX because Sense felt like a better quality interface, the phone has a clean and simple design and I really didn't need the added storage that the GS3 offered. I didn't see myself carrying an extra battery so the removable battery feature didn't appeal to me.

My experience with the HOX has been good. Battery life has been about the same as my iPhone4, speed has not been an issue and I prefer HTC's camera app better than either the iPhone or GS3.

Reactions: schlemer

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So I've owned my One X for about 17 days now and have enjoyed using it quite a lot. Since this is my first real foray in to the world of Android, this was a very big step for me. Even though I love my Blackberry, I wanted to expand my horizon, not be ignorant and try something new. Being that I only have 30 days and a one shot return if I decide to pick up the Samsung. I wanted to make sure that I could live with the One X as my daily driver for at least the next two years.

About the HTC One X. I love the build quality. It's solid, sleek and sexy. The Sense interface (skin) is gorgeous and intuitive. Everyday with the help of this site and Youtube, I am really learning how to use my device. Battery is what I would expect out of a powerful mini computer. It is a little less than my Berry with moderate use. App store is nice and It's great not having reboot my device everytime I download and install an app (I think BBX will address this issue). Screen is bright and vibrant. Sound could be better (9930 is way louder). Social intergration is amazing and Hulu and Netflix are a joy. Everything about the phone screams "KEEP ME"! except for one real downside. The lack of expandable storage. Yes, I am using dropbox. I tried the Google one, but wasn't happy with it.

I took a look at how I use my Blackberry an essentially its a phone communication device first and a media device second. I have 40 gigs of storage (8 internal & 32 SD card) and boy do I use a lot of it. Primarily I have music and photos and very few videos, but no movies. I have over 300 music cds saved and over 400 photos and maybe 7-10 recorded family videos.

Enter the Samsung Galaxy S 3. Touchwiz & oversaturation of color from camera seem to be the only real negatives for me. I know many have complained about the cheap plastic build quality, but I would definetly buy an Otterbox for it so that would be a moot point.

So basically HELP! what is the best possible advice can anyone give to this excited, yet distraught Android noob?

Root your One X and use a thumbdrive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Now that you have had the HOX go play with the GS3 at the AT&T store for a period of time. I did and am happy still with my HOX. If you aren't then switch both are good phones. I have read of people on forums who have gone back and forth in the 30 day window more then once perhaps they didn't purchase at AT&T?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463