still waiting for 4.0.4 update?

mao mao

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my 4.0.4 ota from AT&T. Is anyone else still waiting at this point? Maybe i should go in to an at&t store?

burrari

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just did a manual update but it's like a factory reset tho I wanted the update so it's okay :) plus I don't think At&t knows what to do other than telling you to hard reset it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a one x and the first thing the phone did (well like within half an hour) was start downloading an update from the wifi in the store, it eventually finished and rebooted. It now says it is 4.04... but I don't see any difference with the recent apps/menu button, which I thought was going to be a part of it...

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't go into an AT&T store, they'll just connect you to their wifi, and check for update like you have been at home.

1. Connect to wifi, plug into a charger.
2. Check for update..
3. If it gives you an error message or no message at all, try the manual update through the PC.

If you still can't get it updated, call the AT&T Customer Care # in your contacts... That's what I did, and they are sending me a new phone (most likely will be different solution for you, possibly easier)

Reactions: ANDROIDinOZ

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea mine isn't updating either. Just got it from Best Buy and I'm unable to go on WiFi right now but it won't update. It doesn't say there isn't an update.... it just goes back to the check for update screen.

mao mao

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea mine isn't updating either. Just got it from Best Buy and I'm unable to go on WiFi right now but it won't update. It doesn't say there isn't an update.... it just goes back to the check for update screen.

Yeah mine does the same thing over wifi and att data.

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
At least I'm not alone. My problem is that I traded an iPhone for my HOX so I hope that won't be an issue in calling them and possibly being a newer phone.

gumpty

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Sitting in the UK with my carrier-unbranded HOX and still waiting for it. Bit gutted to be honest.

Thought I read somewhere that HTC's servers could only handle 30k downloads a day. Surely not.

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I am so glad I didn't make a mistake and get a one x with its crappy sense. I have had jelly Bean on my Gnex since the IO convention and now I am officially waiting for Key Lime Pie. I feel really sorry for One X users

gumpty

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, nexii are definitely the way to go if you are keen to have the latest OS. Most consumers don't care though.

'My' HOX is actually my partner's phone. About a month ago the data stopped working on her phone so I swapped it with my GNex. It looks as though her dodgy-cut micro-sim was shorting on the metal sim-holder.

The HOX has a sweet camera and amazing screen, but oh how I miss my vanilla JB.

Tempted to start hammering some custom ROMs onto her phone.

Ethere

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind losing everything on your phone and starting over, go here:

HTC One

Download the update and just follow the instructions. I did the update this way because I was tired of waiting for it.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind losing everything on your phone and starting over, go here:

HTC One

Download the update and just follow the instructions. I did the update this way because I was tired of waiting for it.

I have an unbranded (quadcore). I wonder where I can download this update. I tried going to HTC UK and it just says to go to settings and check for updates.

Edit: just received the update this morning.

Last edited:

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm gonna have to do the manual update as well. As much as I hate to. Just got a car dock and need the updated car dock app to allow third party apps.

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded and tried to install the manual update. No dice. I keep getting a low battery error. Device battery below 30% when its fully charged. I restarted twice and tried to install 4 times. Still nothing. I'm gonna call AT&T and see what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca