Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default still waiting for 4.0.4 update?

I'm still waiting for my 4.0.4 ota from AT&T. Is anyone else still waiting at this point? Maybe i should go in to an at&t store?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I just did a manual update but it's like a factory reset tho I wanted the update so it's okay :-) plus I don't think At&t knows what to do other than telling you to hard reset it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Default Re: still waiting for 4.0.4 update?

I just bought a one x and the first thing the phone did (well like within half an hour) was start downloading an update from the wifi in the store, it eventually finished and rebooted. It now says it is 4.04... but I don't see any difference with the recent apps/menu button, which I thought was going to be a part of it...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

This update started rolling out 3 weeks ago I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't gotten it yet :-(

I still haven't got it either.

Have both of you tried restarting your phones and then checking for the update?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by aclayej View Post
    I still haven't got it either.
    At least I'm not alone!

Yes I've tried restarting the phone, no luck

Carrier
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Don't go into an AT&T store, they'll just connect you to their wifi, and check for update like you have been at home.

1. Connect to wifi, plug into a charger.
    2. Check for update..
    3. If it gives you an error message or no message at all, try the manual update through the PC.

If you still can't get it updated, call the AT&T Customer Care # in your contacts... That's what I did, and they are sending me a new phone (most likely will be different solution for you, possibly easier)
    ANDROIDinOZ likes this.

Yea mine isn't updating either. Just got it from Best Buy and I'm unable to go on WiFi right now but it won't update. It doesn't say there isn't an update.... it just goes back to the check for update screen.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    Yea mine isn't updating either. Just got it from Best Buy and I'm unable to go on WiFi right now but it won't update. It doesn't say there isn't an update.... it just goes back to the check for update screen.
    Yeah mine does the same thing over wifi and att data.

At least I'm not alone. My problem is that I traded an iPhone for my HOX so I hope that won't be an issue in calling them and possibly being a newer phone.

Sitting in the UK with my carrier-unbranded HOX and still waiting for it. Bit gutted to be honest.

Thought I read somewhere that HTC's servers could only handle 30k downloads a day. Surely not.

Yes, I have already tried rebooting several times. Tried different WiFi and without.

Wow I am so glad I didn't make a mistake and get a one x with its crappy sense. I have had jelly Bean on my Gnex since the IO convention and now I am officially waiting for Key Lime Pie. I feel really sorry for One X users

Yeah, nexii are definitely the way to go if you are keen to have the latest OS. Most consumers don't care though.

'My' HOX is actually my partner's phone. About a month ago the data stopped working on her phone so I swapped it with my GNex. It looks as though her dodgy-cut micro-sim was shorting on the metal sim-holder.

The HOX has a sweet camera and amazing screen, but oh how I miss my vanilla JB.

Tempted to start hammering some custom ROMs onto her phone.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

If you don't mind losing everything on your phone and starting over, go here:

HTC One

Download the update and just follow the instructions. I did the update this way because I was tired of waiting for it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post

HTC One

Download the update and just follow the instructions. I did the update this way because I was tired of waiting for it.
    Definitely doing this tonight, thanks for the link.

HTC One

I have an unbranded (quadcore). I wonder where I can download this update. I tried going to HTC UK and it just says to go to settings and check for updates.

Edit: just received the update this morning.

Looks like I'm gonna have to do the manual update as well. As much as I hate to. Just got a car dock and need the updated car dock app to allow third party apps.

Just downloaded and tried to install the manual update. No dice. I keep getting a low battery error. Device battery below 30% when its fully charged. I restarted twice and tried to install 4 times. Still nothing. I'm gonna call AT&T and see what they say.

I called AT&T and they told me the usual. Last option was to factory reset. I talked to HTC and they told me the same thing. So that's what I did and it worked. I hated to, but I had no choice.

If you want the update do a factory reset.

HTC One

This works on the AT&T one x?

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Mine was not coming neither so I went to htc's website downloaded the update and installed via USB cable.

Your delusional gnex might be biggest price of on the market

Where do u find it on the site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast