MMS Messages Very Small

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
People with iPhones who send me a picture somehow send me a tiny pic. Does this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes it really does. It doesn't happen all the time, though. It's weird and I can't even nail down when it happens specifically.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think its due to the resolution of the camera and size of the picture they are taking and sending. It seems to be consistent here also. I noticed the size of the image coming from the I phone was smaller then my default images and resolution of my Android evo lte.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: juststart

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I do believe we've narrowed it down to screen caps. Both of my friends sent me a screen cap and it came up tiny as hell... it's 2kb in size.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish HTC would let us specify the quality/compression of pics to send via mms. Send one via email then MMS to see how bad it really is. I had no idea for a while. If I can send 600KB per MMS then it shouldn't automatically reduce a pic to around 40KB. Not all of us need to send to send a slide show of pics per MMS. It makes us look like we have low quality cameras.

Sent from my HTC One X

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Until HTC acknowledges their issue, try Image Shrink Lite from the Play Store. It works well to keep pics looking good. Screenshot of my settings attached. You choose it first instead of gallery then share as normal.

Sent from my HTC One X

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this happen when people send me pictures from their iPhone but also my brother has an HTC Vivid and a screen cap he sent me was small as well. Super weird.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Incredible 4g and all screencaps received from my friend's EVO are tiny as well.

Here's an example of one I opened from within my native SMS app:
View attachment 36218

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Until HTC acknowledges their issue, try Image Shrink Lite from the Play Store. It works well to keep pics looking good. Screenshot of my settings attached. You choose it first instead of gallery then share as normal.

Sent from my HTC One X

This is not an htc issue.

Look guys, the carriers arbitrarily compress and resize images being sent via mms. They have always done this. Its common knowledge.

If the mms goes from one carrier to another its likely to be reduced more.

Here are two different screen shot of the details of mms images from my friend's HOX, opened with the gallery, then display details :

4b9771a5-a450-1c50.jpg

Note that the size differs between that one and this one even though the images are the same resolution.

4b9771a5-a4a0-3f96.jpg

These were both sent and received on at&t using the international version of the One X.

MMS has no rules. Carriers can do pretty much what they want.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is not an htc issue.

Look guys, the carriers arbitrarily compress and resize images being sent via mms. They have always done this. Its common knowledge.

If the mms goes from one carrier to another its likely to be reduced more.

Here are two different screen shot of the details of mms images from my friend's HOX, opened with the gallery, then display details :

Note that the size differs between that one and this one even though the images are the same resolution.

These were both sent and received on at&t using the international version of the One X.

MMS has no rules. Carriers can do pretty much what they want.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I receive tons of pics from an AT&T BlackBerry 8910 that aren't reduced to tiny crappy resolution, so I doubt it's only AT&T's fault.

Sent from my HTC One X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs