Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aapold
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default At&t one x owners and free 25gb dropbox

They're site says we are not eligible for the free 23gb. Can anyone confirm this
    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: At&t one x owners and free 25gb dropbox

I had a lengthy back and forth with a Dropbox rep when I first bought my 1X. They said that ATT put the kibosh on the promotion and that I would not get it. I heard that those with the international version do get it though.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I was on a different forum and users there have seemed to get it and I was wondering how they got it and now it's not available. Seems like a bunch of Crap to me.

If you flash the custom ROMs, you can then get it. I am not sure if it is the phone registering itself differently, or if the dropbox app starts out different, but I was able to get the dropbox space after flashing CleanROM.

The codebase is from an Asia release, so whatever Dropbox is looking for in order for you to be eligible, is apparently in there.

Sorry, but this is only useful for those that root/unlock. On my wife's, I backed up her stock config with nandroid, loaded CleanROM to sign up for dropbox, and then restored. Still has the space, so it is just the original signup and probably a unique phone they are looking for.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have an International unbranded (says HTC on the top under the earpiece grill) and I got the 25 gigs from DropBox as soon as I fired it up. It is definately AT&T that screwed you out of it.
    "In valor, there is hope."

Got my att HOX July 15 and once I installed and signed into the Dropbox app I got an email verifying my 23gb got added.

Sent from my HTC One X

I got my phone 3 weeks ago and installed dropbox and signed up for a new account hoping to get the 25 gb but I didn't get it. When I looked on Dropbox, it pointed out AT&T did not get it.

A week ago, I got an email from dropbox telling me I get the 23 gb plus extra if I upload a photo. I did both and now I do get 25 gb. My phone is completely stock but I did get the email shortly after my phone updated. Maybe the update had something to do with it?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You also have to complete a few steps that dropbox should prompt you to do when you login on the web. Once I did those I got mine. One X from AT&T on launch day.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

There site says at&t has opted out of this program. Some people are getting it some aren't, now I'm confused.

Officially AT&T customers don't get it. Unofficially we do

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I currently don't on my AT&T one x.

This just seems really stupid. The one flaw everyone pointed out on the original one x was no expandable storage, that at 32gig. HTC mitigated that with the dropbox offering...

So AT&T made their version 16 gig, making the matter worse, and then opted out of the one thing that would have directly answered this criticism. Is AT&T hoping to sell their own online storage service or something?
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random
    robthesixthree likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Mind boggling isn't it ? Why in the world would you cripple one of your flagship devices? My best guess is that there is subsidiary costs involved on at&t's end and they didn't want to pay dropbox for providing us the service.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    You also have to complete a few steps that dropbox should prompt you to do when you login on the web. Once I did those I got mine. One X from AT&T on launch day.
    Same here 1st day setup & pop an email with confirmation :-)

I got my One X yesterday, installed dropbox, enabled photo uploads, took a photo and now have a 27GB storage! I think you just need to enable the uploads from your One X and you'll be good to go.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

I am getting my phone delivered today, so I will test and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dtonshel View Post
    I got my One X yesterday, installed dropbox, enabled photo uploads, took a photo and now have a 27GB storage! I think you just need to enable the uploads from your One X and you'll be good to go.
    How do you enable photo uploads in Dropbox? Is it through the Dropbox settings? I have camera upload automatically if. Not sure if this is it.

Accounts and Sync must be set up first, then the camera app has to be set to auto upload.

You may want to think about keeping that last feature turned off, because it can beat the crap out of your data plan if you
    turn it on and start taking tons of pictures at a party or something. Dropbox is a share target once you configure the account, so
    you don't have to use auto upload all the time, just for the shots you want.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman08 View Post
    I am getting my phone delivered today, so I will test and report back.
    Now I did not create a new dropbox account, but i surely downloaded the app on my one x and logged in and then uploaded a photo. I have like 2.5 gb....not 25.

You need to configure it in accounts and settings. You don't actually need the the Dropbox app installed. HOX has its own connector and that is the one that you have to configure. HOX camera uploading doesn't use the standard app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    You need to configure it in accounts and settings. You don't actually need the the Dropbox app installed. HOX has its own connector and that is the one that you have to configure. HOX camera uploading doesn't use the standard app.

Okay, so I uninstalled the dropbox app. And I have accounts and sync. Not accounts and settings. I am not seeing any choice to add dropbox from this menu. Am I missing something here?

There are a few different apps that come on the phone that deal with Dropbox that should be on the phone even before you download the app.

These are used for the auto photo upload feature. They actually do the phone upload. But there is no reason you can't have the app installed as well for access to all of your Dropbox files.

Above app came with the phone.

Not sure what these things do. But they too came with the phone.

With these installed you can add a Dropbox account in accounts and sync.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

I see what you did there. I do not have the "HtcDropbox_GLRPlugin" any way you can isolate the apk *(edit) ​or files to install easily? Or is this custom ROM based?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman08 View Post
    I see what you did there. I do not have the "HtcDropbox_GLRPlugin" any way you can isolate the apk *(edit) ​or files to install easily? Or is this custom ROM based?
    I can try to snag a backup of the apps tomorrow, and post some link.
    My phone is totally stock.

Ok this is Dropbox for HTC Sense

This is the GLRPlugin

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by icebike; 11-14-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Thanked by: