Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Is this legit?

I'm thinking of buying a htc one x and I found this while looking for one. But I'm not sure if this website is legit or not. I heard it can be a scam since they're located in china supposedly but I'm not sure. I wanted to know if anyone from the community can shed some light. Thanks in advance!!

HTC One X 32GB S720e Unlocked 3G 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU 4.7LCD 8MP Android Phone--IBUYCCC.com - Compare prices for hundreds of top world merchants and save on electronics
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,173 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Is this legit?

It seems too good to be true. Newegg is selling it for ~$580.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Wow they look like they have some incredible prices on their stuff.
    But it also looks like they take paypal and you should be protected.
    If they had a bunch of problems they'd be shut down by paypal, I would think.
    If you do decide to make that purchase use a credit card so you could always dispute the charges with both paypal and credit card company.
    Also keep in mind if you have any warranty issues you'd mostly be on your own.

Good luck.
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    It seems too good to be true. Newegg is selling it for ~$580.
    Yeah especially this one that I would buy in a heart beat if its actually real.
    HTC One X 32GB (White) S720e bundle Deluxe Limited Edition Beats Solo headphones--IBUYCCC.com - Compare prices for hundreds of top world merchants and save on electronics

Thats an astounding price.
    The only way I'd pay would be by PayPal like DukeBlue recommended.

I have that model, bought from Negri Electronics and I paid a boatload more than $385.

Their company return policy consists of one word: Thanks!

These guys have only been running this web site for a couple months, but claim to have been in business for 5 years. There is no history on the web about them

Domain Name: IBUYCCC.COM
    [HL]Created on: 14-Jun-12[/HL]
    Expires on: 14-Jun-13
    Last Updated on: 14-Jun-12
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post

I have that model, bought from Negri Electronics and I paid a boatload more than $385.

These guys have only been running this web site for a couple months, but claim to have been in business for 5 years. There is no history on the web about them

I would pay using PayPal and yeah I found that weird since everything else like their warranty policy and shipping policy is in detail. And yeah that last part seems pretty suspicious to me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

well i sent them a quick email asking if they can provide more pics of the product to know what i'm getting. i'll see if they reply back or not.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post

Site seems fishy ... Under warranty question they say they open and test our item before it ships to you. Seems like refurbish items or open box return from other dealers ... I wouldn't trust them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Exclamation Re: Is this legit?

Guaranty you they wont take Paypal.

Walk away if they ask for Western Union.

You looked on Craigslist ?

I just picked up one like new in box for $300.

(to be safe just make sure you meet in a busy place with lots of people, I always meet inside Starbucks when buying or selling on Craigslist)

Only $100 more than if I went with a subsidised phone and a two year contract.

I'd rather stay no contract.

Hebrews 13:8
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Okay these are the pictures they sent me in the email asking them about more pictures to see the device. I couldn't get the full size since my email app wouldn't let me. Any opinions? And yeah I tried looking at craigslist but I live in a small area so not much luck there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052394307.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052412053.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052427435.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052439249.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052456162.jpg  

Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052469298.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052479799.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052488539.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052497921.jpg   Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052506182.jpg  

Is this legit?-uploadfromtaptalk1346052519323.jpg