Ballistic SG case

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
ballistic.jpg

I previously used a Samsung Infuse before getting my one X. That phone felt flimsy, I was terrified of what might happen on a simple drop. I used a casemate soft/hard case of some kind, rubber sleeve plus hard shell around back, and that actually looked quite good relatively on it and made it feel safe. Plus, the actual phone back always felt slippery in my hands, like I had to struggle to get a good grip.

The One X does not feel the same to me. I am using a white one, it feels like it has some grip to it, and what's more it feels like it is sturdy enough to take a knock, not that I am anxious to find out.

After I got the phone my gf tried to get me the same case but it was sold out on amazon, and so she got me the above-pictured Ballistic SG case.

The case seems to be the same type of deal as the infuse case I had. Rubber sleeve to cushion things, then hard back shell to protect everything, as well as give it some lip for when you put it face down. it has a nice almost rubberized texture to it, all the proper holes for the speakers, sensors, cables, etc. All in all it looks about as good as that other casemate case did on my infuse...

and that is part of the problem. The one x looks so good, that while that was a good thing on the samsung phone, I consider it almost a crime to hide the one x under this padding. It looks like a more generic phone under all that. Aside from that I've found it a tad difficult to tap spots near the edges of the screen with the cover on.

I think it is going to be a mostly situational thing, I'll use the case when in places where I might fear more for it (e.g., biking, or at heavily crowded areas (next weekend dragon*con for example) but I think I will forgo it in day-to-day use at the office and stuff like that.

Anyway, myst m y thoughts.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781