Argh HTC!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Against my better judgement, I got a One X off ebay to see how I liked it and new Sense. I've played with it in AT&T stores here and there, but never enough time to see how I actually liked it. In retrospect, it was a horrible idea. Not because I have Verizon, (hey, I'm a phone geek, I like to try out phones even if they're not on my network) but because it made me realize how much I prefer the One X over the S3 I have now. Everything about it, from the screen, to the build, to the software, is exemplary. Seriously, the build, to me, rivals the iPhone easily. The software is MILES ahead of Touchwiz.

I am more tempted than ever to just say 'screw it' and move over to AT&T from Verizon. With the $99 price for the One X on contract, I could sell my S3 (only had it for two weeks) and STILL come out ahead despite my ETF. Damn you HTC for making such an attractive handset!

shelby57

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I won't upgrade my antique HTC Thunderbolt for a Samsung S3. Waiting on Htcs next better device. Only hope they make one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking what I see with the One X. Enough to ditch my unlimited plan with Verizon. (not that I would keep it once I upgrade)

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting you say that. I'm currently thinking about taking my Galaxy S3 back for the HOX, based on the build quality alone. Ever since I held that thing, I can't get it out of mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I'm pricing out the One X, but I'm encountering some weirdness with the Mobile Share plans. I can get a 25% discount through AT&T premier, but when I add the phone and a mobile share plan, it says that the Mobile Share plans include a 1 year service agreement. When I do the same, but choose the older plans, it says that the plans include a 2 year service agreement.

Even more weirdness: I tried doing it outside of the Premier website, and you don't even have the option of choosing the mobile share plans. I'm not sure whether I would believe that its only a one year contract, unless they're trying to entice people to sign up for the new plans.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm pricing out the One X, but I'm encountering some weirdness with the Mobile Share plans. I can get a 25% discount through AT&T premier, but when I add the phone and a mobile share plan, it says that the Mobile Share plans include a 1 year service agreement. When I do the same, but choose the older plans, it says that the plans include a 2 year service agreement.

Even more weirdness: I tried doing it outside of the Premier website, and you don't even have the option of choosing the mobile share plans. I'm not sure whether I would believe that its only a one year contract, unless they're trying to entice people to sign up for the new plans.

Its a one year contract for a new family plan,had it done today. Thinks its pretty swell lol.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to an at&t store or call 1877 838 0928 that's their customer support line ;) but: idk they are supposed to be releasing a better build of this phone soon similar to the razor Max type of bigger battery
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to an at&t store or call 1877 838 0928 that's their customer support line ;) but: idk they are supposed to be releasing a better build of this phone soon similar to the razor Max type of bigger battery

That's the only thing giving me pause, especially if it goes to T-mobile (with their new unlimited plans) as rumored.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Supposed to be releasing? Who said. All I've seen are rumors. If you keep waiting for the next best thing (and seriously, have we not all learned how long it takes carriers in the US to launch a phone?) we'll never buy anything.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Supposed to be releasing? Who said. All I've seen are rumors. If you keep waiting for the next best thing (and seriously, have we not all learned how long it takes carriers in the US to launch a phone?) we'll never buy anything.

Bingo. That's why I'm considering just saying 'screw it' and jumping over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait a bit. The mobile landscape will be changing a bit here in the next couple of months, so I want to see how the iPhone and update HTC phones stack up.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait a bit. The mobile landscape will be changing a bit here in the next couple of months, so I want to see how the iPhone and update HTC phones stack up.

Htc might not be releasing any more new phones this year. They decided to do a few per year. Last year they released over 22 handsets in the U.S. This year only 7 so far. Their trying to get their sales back up by creating those awsome devices.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Htc might not be releasing any more new phones this year. They decided to do a few per year. Last year they released over 22 handsets in the U.S. This year only 7 so far. Their trying to get their sales back up by creating those awsome devices.

We will see something from them. It's almost a guarantee. Could be December could be sooner. :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Rich Fray

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I work at AT&T, use the HOX as my work phone and can't understand why people like the S3 over the HOX. The S3 looks and feels like a toy. The HOX imho is a far superior package.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I work at AT&T, use the HOX as my work phone and can't understand why people like the S3 over the HOX. The S3 looks and feels like a toy. The HOX imho is a far superior package.

Biggest issue I have is the lack of SD. Since mobile share plans would be a one year contract I still might sign up.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They're going to do updates at six month intervals, without a barrage of new models. There will definitely be something new before Christmas.