Facebook client stops responding on one x.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had been using friendcaster before but thought I would give the official client a look again when I got the one X. It seems alright except it locks up several times a day. Is the client crappy or is something wrong with my install (which was preinstalled FWIW). I figure I'm going back to friendcaster (i really appreciate the "zip it" feature) but I would have hoped the official client would be better by now... And want to make sure I'm not selling it short.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

towerdave

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Up until this latest version, I wasn't having problems, but this version locks up a lot. I'm hoping to see a bug fix release soon that solves the issue.

TD

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: 5tephen

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Problems here too after update, I got rid of the update just to be able to use it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Can u dropbox the old apk? Sonar have a backup. I really wish the app was like the mobile version.
Problems here too after update, I got rid of the update just to be able to use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not just the one x. I have the vivid and facebook is barely useable. Just started the other day.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: aapold

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm back to using friendcaster pro which is working like a charm.

And I agree the mobile site for facebook is better than the official client right now. The kindle fire fb "app" just launches that in browser and calls it a day.. I used to criticize amazon for that but hard to blame them when the official app does stuff like this. How does this even get out of QA?

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if any of you read one of the numerous reports of Zuckerberg forcing Facebook employees to in some cases ditch their iPhones to use Android phones so they would be forced to see what we are going through regarding the Facebook app...I expect an update like IOS just got soon...or at least I hope. Google "Zuckerberg forcing to use android" and you'll see some articles on it.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Mayne it will improve now . Heck even the WebOS version on my old palm pr? was better than this...

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app is hella frustrating. I use Scope as a backup when the FB app starts acting up again. Friendcaster is pretty slick too.

djdanska

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My one s does the same thing. absolutely sucks. Friendcaster pro works ok on mine. (Now, but like the regular facebook app, every other update breaks something big)

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Since the last update, which added multiple picture uploads and events creation, the Facebook app has been freezing on my Evo LTE, as well.

It didn't freeze before that, but was still crappy.

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how I've managed to never have any issues with FB on android, it's always worked just fine for me. I WILL say though, the widget is absolutely awful. It's showing updates that are like a week old and I just don't get why they don't update regularly (I have my update interval set to 4 hours).

Ethere

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here. Previous versions were crap but still didn't crash. This one is still crap and crashes. Their whole outlook on the mobile versions is just horrible. They should take a page from Google+. If my friends were also there, I would drop FB in a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox