Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icebike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Video chat using Google talk

    My one x doesn't seem able to receive video chat using gtalk. It'll initiate them just fine. Anyone have any thoughts? Att version.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,422 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Make sure you're on WiFi. Other than that, I'm not sure.
  3. #3  

    Default

    I don't see Google Talk in the App Store. I'm guessing Google is pushing people to use Google + hangouts for video chat.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinezma99 View Post
    I don't see Google Talk in the App Store. I'm guessing Google is pushing people to use Google + hangouts for video chat.
    Talk comes pre-installed on every Android phone. Its an essential part of the Market app. If Talk can't make contact then Market won't either. You don't find the Play (google market) app in the app store either. Yet it gets silent updates pushed to it, as does Talk.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Quote Originally Posted by iknownothing View Post
    My one x doesn't seem able to receive video chat using gtalk. It'll initiate them just fine. Anyone have any thoughts? Att version.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    I've google talked with video to other phones with no problem, some HTC, some Moto.
    It seems to want to use WIFI.
  6. #6  

    Default

    So how do I initiate a video chat with another gmail user outside Google+ app?

    What app or where on Android OS?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinezma99 View Post
    So how do I initiate a video chat with another gmail user outside Google+ app?

    What app or where on Android OS?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    I was in the process of writing out detailed directions, then I just Googled it and came up
    with this:

    How to video chat on your Android smartphone using GTalk | TalkAndroid.com


    If you find you can't use Video chats when on 3G, try installing this app from the app store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ml1cy52dG9rIl0.
    Thanked by:
    Martinezma99 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I've google talked with video to other phones with no problem, some HTC, some Moto.
    It seems to want to use WIFI.
    I'm pretty sure the wifi thing is an at&t issue. My Sprint phones will work on or off wifi.

    I can initiate chats without a problem, the thing just doesn't ring if someone initiates a chat with me. More accurately it won't wake up to ring. It seems to work okay if the screen is on when someone tries to initiate a chat. But how often will that happen?

    What's truly odd is that with the wifi off the screen will wake up immediately to tell me that I can't accept the call.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default

    Do you have wifi on while sleeping set to always in the wifi advanced settings?

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Do you have wifi on while sleeping set to always in the wifi advanced settings?

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep... It's mysterious. I'm wondering if it's just me. Can anyone else recreate this problem?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Quote Originally Posted by iknownothing View Post
    Yep... It's mysterious. I'm wondering if it's just me. Can anyone else recreate this problem?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Yep,just went crazy for an hour trying to figure out why my wifes GS3 gets my video calls on wifi and/or 3g no matter if the screen is off or on..But my Evo LTE only gets video calls through google talk on wifi if my screen is already awake..But on 3G it connects no matter what the sleep state of the phone is.

    My Wifi is set to always on.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Device: HTC ONE S
    Carrier: Tmobile
    Country / Language: USA/English
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): 4.0.3 ICS

    Hello;
    My issue is that if I have wifi on, Google hangout will NOT connect. As soon as I disconnect the wifi, and as long as I have a 4G connection, hangout starts working. Any ideas of why that might happen?

    Thanks!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Video chat using Google talk

    Router problems is my guess.

    You might try making sure your phone has wifi set to be on even while the phone is sleeping (its in advance wifi settings) then let the phone go to sleep. Then ping the phone from another computer on the same network. If you can't ping it, it means that the phone is ignoring your request to keep wifi on while asleep. You are probably out of luck in this case, file a bug report is all you can do.


    If the ping times are really high, but eventually are answered, it means the phone has put the wifi chip set in a low power sleep state. Best you can do with that case is send a google Talk text im to wake up the phone on the other end.



    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions