1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry 4.0.4 update broke my OX

HI

I got the HTC One-X 4.0.4 update over the weekend, like 3 days ago, and ever since then my phone hasn't been working properly. The contacts app keep on forcing restart and facebook and whatsapp only do the same, these are the apps I noticed because these are the ones I use most. I got the international version of the One-X running on the MTN network in South Africa. So now, I can't make calls or send messages, or even search my contacts. ... '

Anyone else experienced this? Is the a possible solution?

Facebook is messed up on many phones since facebook did an update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Factory reset. Always a good idea after a big update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default Re: 4.0.4 update broke my OX

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Factory reset. Always a good idea after a big update.
    No No No.

Factory reset wipes out way too much stuff to recommend it as a "Good Idea" after an update. Why would you want to spend two days re-configuring a phone just because you performed an arbitrary factory reset.

Maybe in this case. Maybe. Just Maybe.
    But I would start by uninstalling the two apps that are giving problems, and see if the phone call problem goes away. Then re-install them.

Factory Reset is the second to last resort, just before you send it back for replacement.
    I have never factory reset ANY Android phone except to give/sell it to someone else.

Default Re: 4.0.4 update broke my OX

soft reset (restart phone). i do it all the time. over the weekend, i removed and replaced a lot of music files. poweramp went crazy and wouldn't play smaller mp3 versions of what had been huge lossless files that it had handled quite well. did a soft reset. all is well.

also, after the ota, one of my apps was "removed" - not accessible in the same way, though still resident on the phone. soft reset helped solve the problem.