Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default At&t One X on T-Mobile

    So do you guys think a good idea to buy a At&t One X and use it on T-mobile. I know I may have to use EDGE for a few months till T-mobile gets done with their 1900 refarm but I like it and its only about $400. (Not Willing To Sign 2 Year Plan)

    I know that I could just get the One S but I dont like that its only 4.3 inch screen.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Edge isn't too bad if you are just looking at news site.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Edge isn't too bad if you are just looking at news site.
    I'm coming from sprint so egde would be about 2 times faster then their "3G" network. So I think I will be fine with data.
  4. #4  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    I'm coming from sprint so egde would be about 2 times faster then their "3G" network. So I think I will be fine with data.
    I think you should stick with at&t. Best service ive had since my 2 years with sprint.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I think you should stick with at&t. Best service ive had since my 2 years with sprint.
    I wont ever go back to At&t I had them in 2010 till this year and I had all kinds of issues with them bill would change every month, tons of dropped calls, and last they removed my unlimited data and when I got it back after 2 weeks of fighting with them they slowed my data after 2 GB to just under 100 kb/s download and 50kb/s up. I had sprint for just about 2 months and saw they were just as bad as At&t and as I said up there I'm not willing to sign a 2 year plan right now.
  6. #6  
    Bizzle69's Avatar

    Posts
    648 Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Wait a little bit, maybe a month from now the "One X+" is coming to tmobile... It'll be better than the one x.

    I've had AT&T for 5 years, never had a problem, they always resolved issues right away over the phone. But if you have had those issues that you stated, I don't blame you!
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

    If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    Wait a little bit, maybe a month from now the "One X+" is coming to tmobile... It'll be better than the one x.

    I've had AT&T for 5 years, never had a problem, they always resolved issues right away over the phone. But if you have had those issues that you stated, I don't blame you!
    I'd wait for One X+ or what ever it is as well.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by ericslick View Post
    I'd wait for One X+ or what ever it is as well.
    Yeah but since I'm not signing any 2 year plan after all the issues with At&t I'm not willing to pay $600+. At least the One X is running about $380 to $400 new and if I buy used about $360. I also could get one with a cracked screen to fix for about $150 to $225
  9. #9  

    Default

    Ahh I see your point. Well maybe it is worth it? You can buy mine for that price!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    srosencrans's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    2.32.531.1

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    So, with the new One X+ looking like it's going to AT&T as well with LTE and probably not T-Mobile. And with T-Mobile re-farming the 1900 MHz do you think the International version of the One X would be okay on T-Mobile? Or would there maybe be issues? Would be buying at the beginning of Nov. so hopefully even the price goes down a little.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    I have HOX international on T-mobile. I considered ATT one, but just couldn't bring myself to buy a phone with ATT label on it while being on T-Mobile network.

    But it is likely a good option if you don't care about the logo, ATT one has longer battery and is cheaper.

    PS. My international HOX has no mobile network data whatsoever on T-Mobile, even EDGE, I am not sure if its because my configurations, or something else. Its not a problem for me and I didn't really investigate further. I am using a T-Mobile MHS all the time for everything.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    I don't think you want the at&t model on t-mo. Radio bands are different.
    The international one x should get at least Edge on t-mo in most areas. But in some areas t-mo uses only 1700mhz band.

    Why not get the S?

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    This is what i'm waiting on. Was on Sprint for 3 years, I got the Evo4GLTE when it came out. Because of software and network issues I dropped that and went to an Unlocked Gnex on Tmo with the 30.00 prepaid. The phone itself is a champ but I miss what the Evo gave me. Now I have a Battery/charging issue and if I can't get it fixed. I'm off to get a new unlocked GSM One phone. Was looking at a One S but Want the One X screen. Now that the X+ will be out soon i'm holding till then.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Why don't you just take it to straight talk and buy the at&t sim?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  
    srosencrans's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    2.32.531.1

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I don't think you want the at&t model on t-mo. Radio bands are different.
    The international one x should get at least Edge on t-mo in most areas. But in some areas t-mo uses only 1700mhz band.

    Why not get the S?

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

    Yeah, looked at it, and if I have to will, but my wife likes the One X better, better screen and she likes the white, the One S has neither.

    ---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DBCOOPER1971 View Post
    Why don't you just take it to straight talk and buy the at&t sim?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    You know, I've never considered Straight Talk. So, it uses T-Mobile and AT&T's network? How is data service on there, how does it compare to regular AT&T and T-Mobile data speeds?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Just jumping in to correct something someone posted up-thread...

    FCC documents show that the One X+ will work on both AT&T as well as T-Mo.

    It has all bands.

    For the guy that can't get any data on his Hox on t-mo, go visit a t-mo store. At the rock bottom minimum, you should get Edge. You need a sim replacement or an apn entered.

    AT&T and T-Mo roam on each other's towers all the time.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by srosencrans View Post
    Yeah, looked at it, and if I have to will, but my wife likes the One X better, better screen and she likes the white, the One S has neither.

    ---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:48 PM ----------



    You know, I've never considered Straight Talk. So, it uses T-Mobile and AT&T's network? How is data service on there, how does it compare to regular AT&T and T-Mobile data speeds?
    You choose a network from ST based on the phone you have, and you get the full capabilities of that network that your phone can use.

    You want to go for their sim only plan.



    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    I got the AT&T Sim Card and left AT&T for straight talk. The only difference I noticed was my bill.

    Here are my speeds.At&t One X on T-Mobile-tgg9qfjuwqfmluc-g7ytu8vo0tjcpjal_vc-vkxrjxe.png
  19. #19  
    srosencrans's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    2.32.531.1

    Default Re: At&t One X on T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Just jumping in to correct something someone posted up-thread...

    FCC documents show that the One X+ will work on both AT&T as well as T-Mo.

    It has all bands.

    For the guy that can't get any data on his Hox on t-mo, go visit a t-mo store. At the rock bottom minimum, you should get Edge. You need a sim replacement or an apn entered.

    AT&T and T-Mo roam on each other's towers all the time.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

    I'd like to stay with T-Mobile so that is good news if the One X+ does work, I wonder if you will be able to disable the LTE on it, to improve battery life, since T-Mobile doesn't have any LTE yet.

Posting Permissions

B