Random restarts, but only in Hawaii??

chellers_mi

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been on vacation the past week in Hawaii. Before then, my phone never randomly shut down and restarted. But the second day in Hawaii, it started to randomly freeze, then shut down and restart 3-4 times an hour. Then, when it started to download the software update automatically, it would shut down every 3 minutes while downloading, thus taking it over 2 hours to download the update. After downloading the update, the phone would randomly shut down and restart 2-3 times a day for the next 3 days. Now that I'm back home in the mainland, my phone has yet to shut down and restart. I'm not sure if this would have happened regardless of where I was geographically, but the problem seems to be non-existent anymore. I'm wondering if I should just keep this phone or try to get a replacement through HTC. I've had the phone since May and it has never been rooted.

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
i'm in hawaii with a stock int'l/uk one x. received ota update, no problems. have you tried a restart? sometimes helps.

chellers_mi

May 25, 2012
Visit site
i'm in hawaii with a stock int'l/uk one x. received ota update, no problems. have you tried a restart? sometimes helps.

It shut down and restarted itself plenty of times after receiving the update. Was almost going to do a factory reset but the problems ceased about 2 days after the update when I arrived back in California.

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever thought about the humidity level there because there so much moisture in the air

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever thought about the humidity level there because there so much moisture in the air

That was my thought too.. moisture and electronics never get along that well. This does seem like a rather strange reaction to moisture, but I suppose it's possible

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I can virtually guarantee it is not moisture.

These phones work in warm muggy places like Florida and the gulf Coast. They are built in Taiwan.

Sim problem maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888