Free dropbox space

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I posted here about the free 23gb dropbox space here a while ago because even though at&t customers are not supposed to get many of you were and I was not. Had the phone for a little over two weeks and boom just got an email from dropbox with the free space. Weird

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received an email from dropbox as well. They added 23(free for two years) to my already earned 4+ gig for a total of 27.4gig. This is pretty sweet. I've actually have been enjoying Dropbox.

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya it's a great service, should hop on some stock options, I don't see this going anywhere but up in the future.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Giving enough space for it to be useful, especially for camera upload, will probably pay off for them in two years. I will probably not be able to live without it by then.

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Between Google Play which houses all my cds (seriously a great back up) and Drop Box. I hardly notice my 9 gig limitation. I also love the auto photo upload feature.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
question to the people that got the email from dropbox 2 weeks after getting their One X, did you install the app on your device? Or do anything else? I've had mine for a week now, and would like the 23GB extra storage, hopefully I get that same email :)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, no extra space.

I installed my dropbox from the app store.

I already had an existing dropbox account with some minimal space that I rarely used. I did all the stuff they said to get extra space and got that (about half a gig's worth).

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it on my phone and two weeks later I got it. I was using it heavily so maybe that had something to do with it. Like I said we are not supposed to get it but some of us are getting lucky

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the free 23 gigs to! Funny story tho: We had a bell live demo of the s3 at work and I work at best buy, so what I did was I logged into my drop box on the s3 and it gave me the extra 50 gigs of space for free! Bahahaha, what a way to cheat the system hey? I love Dropbox and can't live without it :) now I have a full 80 gigs of space :D

Reactions: kkapoorr

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
question to the people that got the email from dropbox 2 weeks after getting their One X, did you install the app on your device? Or do anything else? I've had mine for a week now, and would like the 23GB extra storage, hopefully I get that same email :)

I did the same as robthesixthree. Installed DropBox and used the heck out of it. Just using it for auto photo upload gave me and extra gig. Then I did all the little things Dropbox ask. It is basically spreading the word by mouth. Email a friend and have them install DB on their computer. Tweet and Facebook your use, give a simple review. All these little things brought me up to almost 5 gigs. Then a few days ago I received and email from DB saying that I now have and additional 23 gigs free for 2 years. Seems to me that they didn't like AT&T not participating in the promotion and took matters into their own hands, Kudos Drop Box. I currently have 27.38 gigs of storage. Thank you again DropBox team.

Last edited:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
hmmm Well I wasn't doing the auto upload of pictures because Google+ already does that for me. But I'll start using the hell out of dropbox and hopefully I get the extra 23GB to put me up to 27 something.

If not I'll keep using Google Drive :)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
hmmm Well I wasn't doing the auto upload of pictures because Google+ already does that for me. But I'll start using the hell out of dropbox and hopefully I get the extra 23GB to put me up to 27 something.

If not I'll keep using Google Drive :)

The downside of Google+ upload, is that it limits the quality.
The downside of Dropbox photo upload is that it does not limit the quality.

Yeah, I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC