Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC flashlight apk

Here's the link for the official HTC flashlight that they so kindly took off the phone and the hub. Thought I'd post it here for everyone. No root required. Thanks to the original poster !

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...-resigned-.apk.
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HTC flashlight apk

Thats awsome,i always loved this flashlight since my first htc evo. Thanks.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the link...can't believe it never came stock with the One X
    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have to tap a little up and to the left of the toggle to get it to change brightness levels, hope this helps if anyone is wondering why it's not working

Works great on mine. The button works like it should. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

You rock!! I had this on my HD7S Windows Phone, and was shocked that it disappeared. Also, they had a really great Note app with Post It Notes on a cork board that you can't get anymore.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tcox10 View Post
    Thanks for the link...can't believe it never came stock with the One X
    Wait, what?

I've always had this flashlight app since I got my HOX and thru two updates.

Thanks for this but my phone is saying "Can't open file". Am I doing something wrong?

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by stevemikez View Post
    Thanks for this but my phone is saying "Can't open file". Am I doing something wrong?

Download a file opener,then go to downloads untill you find this. Then open it from there,install and enjoy being able to see.
    robthesixthree likes this.

Thanks! Root Explorer worked. Cool app.

Thanked by:
    Han7 

Just wanted to say "thank you"! Was checking HTC Hub and they removed it. Found it on here, downloaded "File Manager" from the app store. It installed perfectly. I'm using stock HTC Evo 4g LTE. Thanks Again!

Definitely want to second that. I've looked around and this by far is the cleanest download of the original HTC Flashlight app. Thanks again!

Registered for this site for one reason: to download this. Hit it up from another site, and it was like it was sized to a different phone, maybe an Incredible or something smaller? Anywho, this is clean and works great... just like it used to.

Beyond grateful for this - those other flashlight apps from the stupid market made me want to freak out after having the simple, clean design of the HTC one - ad free, three brightness settings... ahh, it's good to have this back!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by rocketnino View Post
    Registered for this site for one reason: to download this. Hit it up from another site, and it was like it was sized to a different phone, maybe an Incredible or something smaller? Anywho, this is clean and works great... just like it used to.

Beyond grateful for this - those other flashlight apps from the stupid market made me want to freak out after having the simple, clean design of the HTC one - ad free, three brightness settings... ahh, it's good to have this back!
    Glad it helped you out, it was a must have for me as well. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by robthesixthree View Post
    Here's the link for the official HTC flashlight that they so kindly took off the phone and the hub. Thought I'd post it here for everyone. No root required. Thanks to the original poster !
    You're welcome! Glad it's still working great for everyone. FYI- my original post is here: Flashlight app
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks so much for the help as I love this flashlight app and no other would do!

Hi,
    I am unable to install this app. I downloaded File Manager
    From the Play Store. When I try to open this file, it gives me 4 options
    OPEN as
    1 Text
    2 Audio
    3 Video
    4 Image

Am I doing something wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by amacna30 View Post
    Hi,
    I am unable to install this app. I downloaded File Manager
    From the Play Store. When I try to open this file, it gives me 4 options
    OPEN as
    1 Text
    2 Audio
    3 Video
    4 Image

Am I doing something wrong ?
    You are trying to open the file.
    Don't do that.

Just enable installation from local untrusted sources and then when you tap the apk it will install.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thank you I sure missed the default flashlight from htc.

Thank you for the app! So glad to have it on my phone again!

works perfect.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

Interesting. Thank you.
    Last edited by alterity33; 01-21-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Is there any advantage to installing the htc flashlight over a third party? I thought it may have lockscreen controls, but it doesn't. It also doesn't have a widget. I'm going to stick with tiny flashlight

Thanks for this. I did as others, above, did (installed "File Manager" from the Play Store, enabled (temporarily) installation of apps from unknown sources), and it installed smoothly & cleanly. Very tasteful, well-designed Flashlight app. Can't imagine why this wasn't included on the One X+. Strikes me as kind of essential, don't you think?

I downloaded the HTC flashlight hoping that it would work correctly on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I downloaded it okay, and the app looked fine. But when you push on the flashlight button the camera flash does not light up ... no light at all! I was so hoping the HTC flashlight with work on my Samsung Note 2. The HTC Flashlight's simple elegance is the greatest IMO. Is there any possible way to get it to work on the Note 2? Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast