Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By adamtalife
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 1 Post By sropedia
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (HELP)Tried flash a custom Rom on my One XL

I tried to flash a custom rom on my One XL(Att), and I had problems booting into recovery. Now when I power on the device, I am stuck at the HTC logo screen, with red text at the bottom that reads "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTCs written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action.

1. Are you able to get into recovery?
    2. Did you install twrp or cwrm?
    3. Did you make a nandroid backup?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Vprice93 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: (HELP)Tried flash a custom Rom on my One XL

1) I am not able to get into recovery
    2)CWRM
    3) No I didn't do a back up. I didnt even get a chance to flash the rom.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,006 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you hold down power + volume down it doesn't take you into the bootloader? White background with some barcodes and stuff.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    If you hold down power + volume down it doesn't take you into the bootloader? White background with some barcodes and stuff.
    Yeah, it does.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,006 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What happens when you use the volume buttons to move down to recovery and then press the power button to select it?

If you get any rooted ROM to boot I would immediately get goo manager from the market and use it to flash TWRP (open recovery project). It works better for our device.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    adamtalife likes this.

Sorry I didn't get back to ya, work got in the way. Luckily Mr. O'Quinn came to the rescue. Let us know how you made out.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    What happens when you use the volume buttons to move down to recovery and then press the power button to select it?

If you get any rooted ROM to boot I would immediately get goo manager from the market and use it to flash TWRP (open recovery project). It works better for our device.
    I go into recovery & it just loops right back to the HTC logo with the text reading:This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTCs written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action... I can't by pass this screen.

And if you cannot choose recovery, this thread is what you will need to do from fastboot-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1677447

Did you unlock the boot loader?

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    And if you cannot choose recovery, this thread is what you will need to do from fastboot-

[RECOVERY][ONE-X/EVITA]TWRP 2.2.2.0 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-08-24] - xda-developers

Did you unlock the boot loader?

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, I unlocked the bootloader via Htcdev

Dear VPrice93
    Did you get this sorted ?
    I have the same problem and cannot get anything to work now

Please help
    Thanks
    Caolfin

Hi, I have the same problem, I unlock the bootloader but When I try to enter in recovery mode always show the message "This build.....", please any idea how to repair this stuff.

thanks in advance

If you're able to get to fastboot maybe try flashing twrp again?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vprice93 View Post
    I tried to flash a custom rom on my One XL(Att), and I had problems booting into recovery. Now when I power on the device, I am stuck at the HTC logo screen, with red text at the bottom that reads "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTCs written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action.
    Is your bootloader still unlocked? And are you sure you didn't flash a ROM made for the Tegra 3 One X?

And try 'fastboot erase cache'

HIT THANKS!
    Black HTC One X ROM: ViperX
    HOW TO root your One X, Install a custom Recovery, and Unroot it

I'm having this same problem on my HTC One X but can't get to the bootloader. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

Just general advice if you have the at&t version of the HOX You should not I repeat not use clockwork recovery, it was never ported correctly to the device and tends to cause many issues

Sent from my HTC One X
    Bizzle69 likes this.

IF you have the same one x as I do I had the same problem. I am very new to the rooting thing and tried to flash and didn't get a full back up of the stock rom . I read all the forums and did a lot of research on the mess. I came up with this solution if yours is the AT&T HTC One X .
    When in the bootloader screen does yours say:
    ***Tampered***
    ***Unlocked***
    Evita PUT SHIP S-ON RL
    and a lot of other lines refering to Hboot, radio ,etc?
    if it does then down load Hasoon's All in One Toolkit for the HTC One X. version 2.1, in the boxes there is reference to "factory RUU's download one , I used htc_one_x_RUU_2.20.502.7att_us_08022012. I tried several others but this is the only one that would work on mine. I ran it from the desktop with the usb cable attached and it put my HOX back to factory almost.DO NOT RELOCK the bootloader, I did and had all kinds of added troubles. After , I got the bootloader reunlocked , I flashed ViperXL3.1. for a custom. There are others but I had troubles with them also. I was lucky and had TWRP installed before I had the problems tho. The AOI has the TWRP in it to flash plus Super User too. I understand CWM will not work on the ATT HTC One x version and all the forums I read suggests TWRP. I am a newbie to the Android if this helps , ok.
    Also in the doing the research and reading I found that the AOI will not work with the HTC sync manager running .
    Last edited by leesumm; 02-12-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: added info

Let me know please ! Same problem over here...