Now that I have an HTC One-X, do I need a tablet?

zingster

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got an HTC One-X. I've already got a cheap android tablet that I love but the One-X has twice the power of it. I was going to upgrade to a Nexus 7 tab eventually, but I was wondering if it was practical to do so? With the One-X having such a high res display, quad core processor, and high end graphics chip is there any need for a tablet? The only advantage I could see is video watching and book reading might look better on the bigger screen.

So the bottom line is, do any of you have a high end phone and tablet together? If so, what apps do you have on your tablet vs your phone and which ones are more practical for each. I was just wondering if it was really worth it when the One-X is more than capable hardware wise.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got an HTC One-X. I've already got a cheap android tablet that I love but the One-X has twice the power of it. I was going to upgrade to a Nexus 7 tab eventually, but I was wondering if it was practical to do so? With the One-X having such a high res display, quad core processor, and high end graphics chip is there any need for a tablet? The only advantage I could see is video watching and book reading might look better on the bigger screen.

So the bottom line is, do any of you have a high end phone and tablet together? If so, what apps do you have on your tablet vs your phone and which ones are more practical for each. I was just wondering if it was really worth it when the One-X is more than capable hardware wise.

I was gonna do the same. (buy a nexus 7) i have the at&t version which doesnt have a quad core processor. And it would be better for gaming cause the tegra 3 processor is crazy good fr games. But thats all i was really gonna use it for. I do recommend the nexus 7 cause it looks sick but if you dont have a need for it(mines not really a need just a want) then i dont see no point if your one x has the tegra 3 chip in it. Save yourself that money to get games on it lol.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I game on my tablet, but can't be bothered with gaming on my phone.

I read books on my tablet.
I put off writing anything of length till I can get to my tablet or computer.

I have a 10.1 inch tablet. If the discussion was about a 7 inch tab, I'd probably pass on buying it since I got the HOX.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T HOX and a Nexus 7. I use the Nexus 7 for gaming and productivity. I have Documents ToGo on it so that I can create and edit MS Office files on it while on the go. I also have a text editor on it to make some quick notes, if need be.

zingster

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I have had ample time to examine my situation and have made my decision. My cheap tablet works fine for books, magazines, and videos. My One-X has the rest covered. The tablet is fine for those purposes and also is great for taking battery load off of the One-X while at home. It's like my "coffee table" device. As much as I want the Nexus 7, this setup if just fine right now. No need to dish out more money. Besides, my contract is for 2 years and by then the phone and tablet market will be totally different anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22