Question about cases.

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at Seidio's active case with the kickstand and was wondering if anyone had their 2 cents about it? I'm looking for a good protective case but not so much that I want a big ol Otterbox or Ballistic, don't want it to be a pain to carry, wanna be able it in and out of my pocket with ease ya know.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at Seidio's active case with the kickstand and was wondering if anyone had their 2 cents about it? I'm looking for a good protective case but not so much that I want a big ol Otterbox or Ballistic, don't want it to be a pain to carry, wanna be able it in and out of my pocket with ease ya know.

No but i do have some $.02
bout the otterbox defender. Its really not that big. It keeps the phone relativly slim. Actually,it feels alot smaller then my old htc evo 3d that had a otterbox defender on it too. This thing is crazy light for a heavy duty case. I woulda gone ballistic but they dont have a_hc case or sg maxx for the one x. You wont have any problems sliping the phone in and out your pocket. Its rubber outside isnt rubbery at all.! It feels pretty smooth. So it doesnt pull your pocket when trying to pull it out. :p

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio.
It adds bulk and pocket resistance as rubber grabs.

I use it sometimes, but not always.
Phone is too good looking to hide.

Start with s cheap TPU case, 9 bucks, and see how you like that. Cheap enough to give away if you don't like it.

I've used the kickstand maybe one hour total watching MLB at Bat.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the Seidio Active case. I love it. It has a silicone cover and a hard skeleton shell. Does not add any bulk. Make sure you still get a screen protector for it still. I was in the same boat as you.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Active. The only issue I have is that the kickstand decides on its own that it wants to flip out. The magnet doesn't hold it in good enough.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio Active case. I love it. It has a silicone cover and a hard skeleton shell. Does not add any bulk. Make sure you still get a screen protector for it still. I was in the same boat as you.

If you think it does not add bulk you are smoking crack. Your phone is almost twice as thick with this case on.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you think it does not add bulk you are smoking crack. Your phone is almost twice as thick with this case on.

Compare to other cases though this phone doesn't have that much bulk to it. Yes it makes it thicker like every other case. But it's still fairly thin to go in your pocket. It's a lot thinner than Otterbox Defender case. I say go with it and try it. You don't like it you can return it.

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Hey thanks for the 2 cents from everyone that answered...I was just gonna bring this up...the whole screen protector thing. Are they all the same?!! Is ZAGG or ArmorSuit really that much better?!! I know I see the little kiosks in the malls that sell ZAGG's and the videos they play do make them look impressive...though I'm not sure how often I'll be taking a dremel to the screen of my phone or hacking at it with a key...haha!!

Also, do screen protectors take away from the beauty of the screen itself...especially our HTC One X's?!!

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If there is a cellaris at one of your local malls I'd check that out, they had a load of cases for this phone at the one by my house. It's nice to see them in person.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the 2 cents from everyone that answered...I was just gonna bring this up...the whole screen protector thing. Are they all the same?!! Is ZAGG or ArmorSuit really that much better?!! I know I see the little kiosks in the malls that sell ZAGG's and the videos they play do make them look impressive...though I'm not sure how often I'll be taking a dremel to the screen of my phone or hacking at it with a key...haha!!

Also, do screen protectors take away from the beauty of the screen itself...especially our HTC One X's?!!

Id cheak out the zagg hd screen protector,its a little pricey but its worth it. Doesnt remove clarity,no haze,and (if you apply it correctly) no bubbles.! Mine looks like it isnt there and as advertised it is really smooth like glass..

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Id cheak out the zagg hd screen protector,its a little pricey but its worth it. Doesnt remove clarity,no haze,and (if you apply it correctly) no bubbles.! Mine looks like it isnt there and as advertised it is really smooth like glass..

Is the zagg hd a dry or wet install? Just curious.

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
OK...so far I'm really leaning towards getting the Case-mate Barely There, and a quality screen protector...maybe I'll even get the full body screen protector then get the case....I'll also go to the mall and see some stuff hands on.

But the Otterbox and the Ballistic are really good cases if you know you drop your phone a lot, or your job beats on your phone. I had a Speck Candyshell with my old iPhone 3GS, and I thought that did the job perfect...but in the 2 years I had that phone (well technically 20 months), I think I dropped that phone a total of 3 times...so I know I don't need some massive case! LOL...maybe I'll have to check out the Speck for the HOX.....I do remember it not being easy to get off once you get it on....but then again...isn't that the point....LOL.....anyway...just blabbing here....

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
For the record, I don't think much of screen protectors. They always separate, go on Crooked, have bubbles, and they don't protect your screen from drop accidents.

Zag is a complete over priced scam in my opinion.

Just keep your keys out of the pocket where you keep your phone.

For the record, i carried a nexus one uncased and un-screen-protected for the entire time I owned it except for a one week camping trip.

I have a case for my HOX and have been trying to use it more. But I don't like it that much.

Reactions: MaxxMeister

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2