Can direct sunlight do any harm.?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So this is another of my just wondering question; does or can direct sunlight do anything to display or camera.? The display i dont know,but im really curious about the camera cause my smartself once screwed up my sisters old point and shoot by pointing it at a glass surface that had the sunlight reflecting off it and the camera would just show a bright white picture at anything it was pointed at. So any feedback.?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Leaving any electronic device baking in the sun on the dashboard of your car is bad. More from the heat than from the light.

But this device is designed to be USED by humans, who go outside.

So sun does not bother it, and even taking a picture of the sun is no big deal. Not useful perhaps, but nothing to worry about. The sun appears in a lot of my shots with no harm.

Set your auto-brightness on, and this phone is easily seen in full sun, unlike any other phone I've seen.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Leaving any electronic device baking in the sun on the dashboard of your car is bad. More from the heat than from the light.

But this device is designed to be USED by humans, who go outside.

So sun does not bother it, and even taking a picture of the sun is no big deal. Not useful perhaps, but nothing to worry about. The sun appears in a lot of my shots with no harm.

Set your auto-brightness on, and this phone is easily seen in full sun, unlike any other phone I've seen.

Useful info,i used to cover my previous phones from the sun everywhere i went lol.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing the sun will do to the display is make it harder to see. As far as nuking the photo sensor in the camera I have no idea, but I would be more concerned about it torching the shutter. And I heard somewhere it could cause skin cancer over extended bouts of un protected exposure.

omgnoname

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing the sun will do to the display is make it harder to see. As far as nuking the photo sensor in the camera I have no idea, but I would be more concerned about it torching the shutter. And I heard somewhere it could cause skin cancer over extended bouts of un protected exposure.

Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

There is no shutter in a cell phone camera. These things are wide open all the time.

The lense groups, which travel up and down vertically, is parked in such a way that no hot image could form on the sensor.

1-s2.0-S0924424710000233-gr1.jpg

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Skin cancer.? What.? Lol.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't stare at it too long.....the sun, not the phone.

Disclaimer: for kids or people with no brain, never look at the sun directly....like I did. Its getting dark awfully early these days come to think of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca