Why don't people like HTC anymore?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Me personally I just got the wrong phone. This phone was cranked out quickly with leftover sensation parts and an lte modem to show off atts new lte network. It got one major update, from 2.3.4 to 4.03 but it's pretty much done now and honestly if htc would just update it too fix the bugs and wretched battery life I'd be happy but it's evident that ain't gonna happen. I should of waited for the one x.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

At least you already got ICS I'm still waiting. I'm hoping the update will fix a lot of issue that gingerbread has. Phone locks up everyday and I'm on my third replacement.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If updates and hackability are your main concern, there's no reason why you shouldn't have picked a Nexus device.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If updates and hackability are your main concern, there's no reason why you shouldn't have picked a Nexus device.

When I got my phone Verizon didn't have any Nexus. Only HTC and Motorola phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When I got my phone Verizon didn't have any Nexus. Only HTC and Motorola phones.

Next you're going to tell me that Verizon is your only option, right?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Next you're going to tell me that Verizon is your only option, right?
No I have two options Sprint or Verizon. I had ATT before Verizon but I hated the fact that they only had edge. They just recently got 3G in town. But once you live town its only edge.

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's sad people base their opinions on HTC with a bad experience on an older phone that had bloated sense and when you had more bloatware apps and the inability to even disable them pre-ics (out of the box). HTC has truely been the innovator for Android since day 1. They had their hardware and software issues but I bet if more people actually bought the original Galaxy they would never have been so eager about the S2.

Now Samsung is a big company and have made the Galaxy line top of the line. However, HTC is no slouch, they had a rough year in 2011 but the One series/EvoLte are GREAT phones. Just as good as any premium phone on the market and the most superior screen on any device atm. They always innovate with new ideas through Sense while listening to the customer by lightening Sense at the same time. Now the One X+ looks to be the phone to revive the original Android maker. Long live HTC, loved my OG EVO and love my LTE.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

tetsuk

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One X is just beautiful. Battery life is not the best, but the whole discussion about removable or non-removable is just a matter of preference/needs. In other words, people who do not need the removable battery will do just fine. I hear there are many people like those using phones like the iPhone that do not seem to have a problem with that, or with lack of SD card. But it is not something to fix; it's not like a bug. It's a design choice. Many people here seem to have a problem with that.
To those people I would say, be happy with your Samsung or whatever.

I have also a Nexus device to develop on, but battery has just never been an issue. I have a charger when needed, not another battery. I can charge any type of device with that. Doesn't make the charger better than a secondary battery if you need that though.

As a dev, I am not a fan of locked bootloaders and such. Just because I can root my One X, does not make me all to cheerful about it, if you know what I am referring to.

That said, I just love this One X, and I hope HTC comes out in the future with a similar Nexus device. But for normal users, if they like HTC Sense, the ICS One X works just great. The camera is simply fantastic, the design is beautiful in my eyes, and basically this is just the best smartphone I've ever had. And I don't want to hear about SGS3 whiners telling me about their specs. Have you checked the MI-2 specs/performance vs. price ratio compared to the SGS3 or HTC One X? So what? Does that make the SGS3 and the HTC One X crap? No.

I am a big fan of this phone, but I will only always buy the product I like best at the time. HTC, Samsung, Apple or whatever. If HTC is to make a real come back, they need to keep up their good work. The SGS2 was fantastic and so is the SGS3. This is something for HTC to keep in mind. I was disappointed by HTC in the past and I hope they have learned at least a bit. The fact that they are upping the battery on the HTC One X+ is not a bad sign.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One X is just beautiful. Battery life is not the best, but the whole discussion about removable or non-removable is just a matter of preference/needs. In other words, people who do not need the removable battery will do just fine. I hear there are many people like those using phones like the iPhone that do not seem to have a problem with that, or with lack of SD card. But it is not something to fix; it's not like a bug. It's a design choice. Many people here seem to have a problem with that.
To those people I would say, be happy with your Samsung or whatever.

I have also a Nexus device to develop on, but battery has just never been an issue. I have a charger when needed, not another battery. I can charge any type of device with that. Doesn't make the charger better than a secondary battery if you need that though.

As a dev, I am not a fan of locked bootloaders and such. Just because I can root my One X, does not make me all to cheerful about it, if you know what I am referring to.

That said, I just love this One X, and I hope HTC comes out in the future with a similar Nexus device. But for normal users, if they like HTC Sense, the ICS One X works just great. The camera is simply fantastic, the design is beautiful in my eyes, and basically this is just the best smartphone I've ever had. And I don't want to hear about SGS3 whiners telling me about their specs. Have you checked the MI-2 specs/performance vs. price ratio compared to the SGS3 or HTC One X? So what? Does that make the SGS3 and the HTC One X crap? No.

I am a big fan of this phone, but I will only always buy the product I like best at the time. HTC, Samsung, Apple or whatever. If HTC is to make a real come back, they need to keep up their good work. The SGS2 was fantastic and so is the SGS3. This is something for HTC to keep in mind. I was disappointed by HTC in the past and I hope they have learned at least a bit. The fact that they are upping the battery on the HTC One X+ is not a bad sign.

The One X is a very nice phone.I love the design of it. I only wished they had released it on more carriers. I'm hoping they design a Nexus the same way. The design of a One X with Stock Android.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The One X is a very nice phone.I love the design of it. I only wished they had released it on more carriers. I'm hoping they design a Nexus the same way. The design of a One X with Stock Android.

Man wants the phone to be released om more carriers, posts his wish from a DROID INCREDIBLE.

Priceless!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the latest smartphone share numbers?

The recent comScore release shows all HTC at the bottom, but it was for all phones and HTC doesn't really do the feature phone game like Samsung, Motorola, and LG.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I wish you could buy a real one x, with a tegra and 32 gigs of storage straight from htc instead of having to go through att and get a carrier neutered one. There is nothing wrong with the snapdragon, don't get me wrong, but half the storage, a pesky locked bootloader, and bloatware ftl

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish you could buy a real one x, with a tegra and 32 gigs of storage straight from htc instead of having to go through att and get a carrier neutered one. There is nothing wrong with the snapdragon, don't get me wrong, but half the storage, a pesky locked bootloader, and bloatware ftl

You can always pay an importer to get one.

ayooo0

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Had them. Their UI sucks. Saw way too many bugs in my Incredible 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah because the Dinc 2 is the same as their current offerings.

I had a Samsung phone once and it was terrible. Didn't stop me from trying their newer stuff and liking it (SGSII).

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

The UI on the Incredible 2 is the worst. I had a launcher on till recently that made for a much nicer experience. The build is the best part of the phone. Can't wait till its time for an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol