Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Global Posts
    4,306 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Default Re: Why don't people like HTC anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Benzter View Post
    It's sad people base their opinions on HTC with a bad experience on an older phone that had bloated sense and when you had more bloatware apps and the inability to even disable them pre-ics (out of the box). HTC has truely been the innovator for Android since day 1. They had their hardware and software issues but I bet if more people actually bought the original Galaxy they would never have been so eager about the S2.

Now Samsung is a big company and have made the Galaxy line top of the line. However, HTC is no slouch, they had a rough year in 2011 but the One series/EvoLte are GREAT phones. Just as good as any premium phone on the market and the most superior screen on any device atm. They always innovate with new ideas through Sense while listening to the customer by lightening Sense at the same time. Now the One X+ looks to be the phone to revive the original Android maker. Long live HTC, loved my OG EVO and love my LTE.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    As for the Original Galaxy S. Everyone knew they had performance issues on those phones because even at the Samsung launch event the phone was obvious laggy and stuttered. However, back then a laggy Android phone was the norm, since a lot of devices were mid-range and had bad performance, anyways... The Galaxy S was truly bad, but HTC didn't really give people a choice, anyways... The GPS issues were also well-known after the Int'l launch.

Few other Android devices were shipping with as much built-in storage as the Galaxy S devices.
    The screen on those devices back then truly was revolutionary.
    The GPU in those devices outperformed almost everything on the market at that time, the CPU was no slouch.
    They were easy to MOD.
    They had sound on par with an iPod.
    The user interface was designed to mimic an iPhone, which made it popular with people who either weren't on AT&T or couldn't afford an iPhone. Verizon didn't have the iPhone yet.
    Software Conveniences like DLNA weren't well-distributed across OEMs yet. Only Samsung and Motorola had decent DLNA clients, and Motorola didn't have high end devices on any carrier except Verizon (this was well before the Atrix 4G).

Now to carriers...

The Captivate was AT&T's first high end Android device. There was no choice in what to buy if you wanted high end Android on that carrier.
    The Epic 4G launched right after the Evo, with factorably more internal space, a way better screen, and other niceties.
    T-Mobile didn't have any other high end Android devices on their network. In fact the only device with specs even comparable to the Vibrant - in theory - on their network was the HTC HD2 and no one was buying Windows Mobile devices except geeks to hack it. The HD2 had tons of QA/QC issues as well, which didn't help HTC. The G2 wasn't out yet (with its own host of issues) and nor was the MT4G, BB7 devices, or any Windows phones. The Vibrant stood on its own there, and dominated everything displayed in T-Mobile stores, easily.
    Verizon didn't get theirs until quite a while later and anyone who bought that phone knowing the issues the other devices can't complain about it.

The reason why Samsung dominates HTC this way is because on sites like XDA and AC people value specs over user experience. A bunch of people peddled the Samsung devices and stated they were fine just install a custom ROM. As long as the general idea is that "you can always switch the software, just worry about the hardware" Samsung will continue to dominate them because an integrated (and far richer) company like Samsung is able to differentiate themselves on that level much better than a company like HTC (which made a name for itself mostly for their Software customizations on top of other OSes like Windows Mobile).

People will care for the One X+ about as much as they cared about the One X, which is... Not nearly as much as they care about what Samsung's answer to the One X+ will be. It's the circle of iLife (excuse the pun).
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Hence the new note lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Hence the new note lol

Which isn't a response to anything HTC did.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:
    Rystevovr 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Which isn't a response to anything HTC did.
    Note a response but maybe a way to shut down HTC 5 inch phone. I'm going note 2 for the pen and big screen something I don't think the 5 inch HTC will do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    Note a response but maybe a way to shut down HTC 5 inch phone. I'm going note 2 for the pen and big screen something I don't think the 5 inch HTC will do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    The pen is the only thing it won't do. Everything else should be better (display quality, internals, camera).
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Maybe maybe not given HTC track record and if u don't think that Samsung put this out for competition not only for the ip5 but that new dlx then u is under the influence lol

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I gotta say for me it is about specs mostly.

One. I'm never stock so unlockable bootloader is a must as is the ability to root.

Two. Software can be changed so why not buy a phone with decent specs for the time and run it like a madman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Exactly I like the hardware of my phone tw wasn't a factor seeing as I already knew I was rooting and flashing a asop rom but I wanted the duel core and 1.2 processor to play my n64 and psx games and stream music and tv

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Exactly I like the hardware of my phone tw wasn't a factor seeing as I already knew I was rooting and flashing a asop rom but I wanted the duel core and 1.2 processor to play my n64 and psx games and stream music and tv

Gotta remember bootloaders and make sure there is an unlock method and rooting for other oem's making Sammy a clear cut winner to most of the dev community as far as root freindly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

I think HTC is awesome. I had a one x,and switched to a galaxy s3 cause I thought it would be better then the one x. And in MY extent,its not that great. I switched back to my one x after 4 weeks with the s3. HTC did things right with the one x. I don't care if they are making other better phones,I'm keeping my one x for a bit.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
    tcm1969 and adamtalife like this.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

i had the evo 4g, i really had a crush on that phone, and i forced myself to keep it for six months, but the short life batt did it in . I just could not take it anymore.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah my android world has been pretty much Samsung besides my first phone on vzw moto citrus and second one zte score on cricket then ns4g now the sgs2 on black Friday the sgs3

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Oh yeah I forgot about my Samsung focus wp on att and all these phones was purchased THIS YEAR

This is probably a late reply. I have had two HTC phones in a row. HTC hero & then the Inspire. HTC hero was kind of a landmark phone and I enjoyed my Inspire but my gosh, what a battery hog. I kept two extra batteries and quite often, had to use them or keep the phone on a charger. I think the sense OS is a real battery hog and tends to slow their phones down too. It just draws too much on system resources. And the nonremovable battery was definitely a deal breaker for me. I just got the galaxy S3 and right now at around noon, its still at 87%. (I'm not a heavy user particularly when I'm at work) With the same amount of use, my Inspire would be ayt 50% and a lot of times, way below 50% and I'd end up putting it on the charger to get through the rest of the day. That's my opinion.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpudas View Post
    This is probably a late reply. I have had two HTC phones in a row. HTC hero & then the Inspire. HTC hero was kind of a landmark phone and I enjoyed my Inspire but my gosh, what a battery hog. I kept two extra batteries and quite often, had to use them or keep the phone on a charger. I think the sense OS is a real battery hog and tends to slow their phones down too. It just draws too much on system resources. And the nonremovable battery was definitely a deal breaker for me. I just got the galaxy S3 and right now at around noon, its still at 87%. (I'm not a heavy user particularly when I'm at work) With the same amount of use, my Inspire would be ayt 50% and a lot of times, way below 50% and I'd end up putting it on the charger to get through the rest of the day. That's my opinion.
    Never too late friend,but I agree. My one x doesn't last me very long. The one thing I did like of the Gs3 was the battery,I got 16hrs outta it. I get about 7 out of my one x. Unplugged at 6 and at 1 my battery is dying. With the s3 I had about 70-80% left at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Never too late friend,but I agree. My one x doesn't last me very long. The one thing I did like of the Gs3 was the battery,I got 16hrs outta it. I get about 7 out of my one x. Unplugged at 6 and at 1 my battery is dying. With the s3 I had about 70-80% left at 3.

I'm still routinely getting 18 hours.

Since you say you are not a heavy user, maybe you should find and disabled some of the bloatware on the HOX that is using the battery and radios.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I'm still routinely getting 18 hours.

Since you say you are not a heavy user, maybe you should find and disabled some of the bloatware on the HOX that is using the battery and radios.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I did,first thing I do when getting bloated phones. I remove/disable those needless apps. *sigh*.. :o

Just what are you doing if it dies that fast?

I killed my battery down today playing a game for like 20 minutes takes a lot to power this beauty of a screen

Sent from my HTC One X

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Just what are you doing if it dies that fast?

I killed my battery down today playing a game for like 20 minutes takes a lot to power this beauty of a screen

Sent from my HTC One X
    Nothing really man,just listen to a bit of music b4 school for like 30min and I'm down to 85%. :/

Nothing really man,just listen to a bit of music b4 school for like 30min and I'm down to 85%. :/

Checking the screen a lot?

Sent from my HTC One X

I had the same problem with battery drain when listening to music. The problem for me turned out to be the media server or service process that was running. This kept the phone in the stay awake state, thus the unusual battery drain.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I had the HTC One X but didn't like it because of no menu button, no SD card slot also you couldn't remove the backing so therefore didn't have access to the battery. Some people will say that those are minor issues but to me this was enough to exchange it for another phone. Now I have an HTC Vivid and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Mostly because they don't give us S OFF :/

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    HIT THANKS!
    Black HTC One X ROM: ViperX
    HOW TO root your One X, Install a custom Recovery, and Unroot it

Quote Originally Posted by mikencis View Post
    I had the HTC One X but didn't like it because of no menu button, no SD card slot also you couldn't remove the backing so therefore didn't have access to the battery. Some people will say that those are minor issues but to me this was enough to exchange it for another phone. Now I have an HTC Vivid and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    Menu button was added in the new update. They're just following ICS/JB Guidelines....

HIT THANKS!
    Black HTC One X ROM: ViperX
    HOW TO root your One X, Install a custom Recovery, and Unroot it

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by thedroidfanatic View Post
    Menu button was added in the new update. They're just following ICS/JB Guidelines....

So will this update ever publicly hit the htc one x, or do we need to root it?
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast