Why don't people like HTC anymore?

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If HTC wants my business, they will make a phone that meets my needs, not looks pretty. I live in a semi with another driver for three weeks at a time. No Wi-Fi, no cloud, all 48 states.
I need storage, and while built in is fine, anything less than 32 is a joke. It should be mandatory minimum.
Built in battery?
You ever been broke down on I-80, in Wyoming, in February? No, I didn't think so. Charged backups are a life saving device.
80% of Android users may not care about updates, but I do. Why should I suffer because others don't know or care?
Sense is as useless as TouchWiz. My opinion, sure, but I'm buying. Pure android, please.
I work in a dirty, dangerous environment, and I need a phone (and a carrier) that works, no questions asked. Have you seen the HTC models carried by Verizon? Sorry, I can't hang. But my GNex, "cheap" plastic and all, keeps me connected, and keeps working.
HTC, you know what to do.

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My HTC is my second ever Android device and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Everyone has different needs and wants from a device. That's why I like Android devices in general. They are as different as the people who use them.

My HTC does everything I need and then some. I have a removable battery and will be ordering spares and external chargers soon. I think HTC makes a good product as far as I'm concerned.

~??>Sent from my HTC Evo Design

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Below is from an article I read and I really don't understand why. The One X is an amazing device with a gorgeous screen! Why can't it get any traction? IT'S ONLY $99 FROM AT&T!! I don't get it.

"For the first eight months of 2012, revenues amounted to NT$207.87 billion, decreasing 34.8% from a year earlier, the result of poor reception by the market in Europe and US of their HTC One line of Android smartphones."

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

It's like this, the EVO LTE is HTC's best phone, not the one x. The one x doesn't even have a memory card slot.

Next, you can't even remove the battery from the New HTC phones. If you're not near a charger that's not a good thing, plus batteries lose a lot of their charge capacity in just a year. ALL phones should come with a removable battery so all you have to do is replace it and keep it moving.

Then they didn't bring any new features to the party. Samsung did.

HTC has dropped the ball

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You know what I wanna know? Why does it matter why I bought my vivid? I bought it because I had my upgrade and it had specs that bested my captivate and I wanted to try out htc since I had like 4 Samsung phones in a row. How was I supposed to know it was locked down like that? Further more the OP asked a question and I answered it. To those who still like HTC more power too you, I got nothing against you, but I don't appreciate seeing my post quoted with some sarcastic self righteous remark.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

If you hate is so much, you wouldn't have it anymore.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
It's like this, the EVO LTE is HTC's best phone, not the one x. The one x doesn't even have a memory card slot.

Next, you can't even remove the battery from the New HTC phones. If you're not near a charger that's not a good thing, plus batteries lose a lot of their charge capacity in just a year. ALL phones should come with a removable battery so all you have to do is replace it and keep it moving.

Then they didn't bring any new features to the party. Samsung did.

HTC has dropped the ball

Yeah, except for having the best screen of any existing smartphone and all.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, except for having the best screen of any existing smartphone and all.

I have to agree. The screen on the One X is incredible. My neighbor has one and I saw it months ago when he got it and was impressed but just looked at it again the other day and it was something to drool over.

I also asked about battery and he said he easily gets a day and sometimes 2 days. He's not a power user but the S4 chip is so power efficient.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
If you hate is so much, you wouldn't have it anymore.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

You wanna lend me 350 bucks to buy a nexus? I made my choice with this phone and it was the wrong choice, I have to live with it for now as I have more important things in my life to spend money on than a phone.

And I agree the one x screen is top notch.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree. The screen on the One X is incredible. My neighbor has one and I saw it months ago when he got it and was impressed but just looked at it again the other day and it was something to drool over.

I also asked about battery and he said he easily gets a day and sometimes 2 days. He's not a power user but the S4 chip is so power efficient.

Yeah the screen is the only thing it has going for it.

Battery life going a full 24 hours is not happening on ANY smartphone unless you're a light user, definitely not happening as a heavy user. I had a razr maxx for a week and wouldn't last a whole day.

Now for someone like my mother, yeah she can get a whole day and then some out of a phone - in fact her original EVO gets her through the day when i couldn't get more than 2 hours use it of it after the first year

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the screen is the only thing it has going for it.

Battery life going a full 24 hours is not happening on ANY smartphone unless you're a light user, definitely not happening as a heavy user. I had a razr maxx for a week and wouldn't last a whole day.

Now for someone like my mother, yeah she can get a whole day and then some out of a phone - in fact her original EVO gets her through the day when i couldn't get more than 2 hours use it of it after the first year

I think the RAZR maxx can get the 24 hours, but for many of us power users the swappable battery is not an option.

I also think that phone has more going for it than just the screen. The fit and finish is very nice. I am not a huge fan of the camera bump but it takes great photos and the reviews I've read about how Sense integrated were all very positive.

Not trying to be argumentative just my take on what I've seen and read.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the RAZR maxx can get the 24 hours, but for many of us power users the swappable battery is not an option.

I also think that phone has more going for it than just the screen. The fit and finish is very nice. I am not a huge fan of the camera bump but it takes great photos and the reviews I've read about how Sense integrated were all very positive.

Not trying to be argumentative just my take on what I've seen and read.

I've tried the razr maxx and i couldn't get 24 hours. Got about 18 as a power user.

Oh and how isn't the swappable battery not an option?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the razr maxx and i couldn't get 24 hours. Got about 18 as a power user.

Because we don't have time to spend twice as long mucking around swapping out the batteries in the phone to charge both. It takes like 3-4 hours to get both batteries charged. Either using a external battery or a power case is way faster and more convenient, as you can charge both batteries at the same time.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Because we don't have time to spend twice as long mucking around swapping out the batteries in the phone to charge both. It takes like 3-4 hours to get both batteries charged. Either using a external battery or a power case is way faster and more convenient, as you can charge both batteries at the same time.

Just use an external wall charger for the second battery. Only 3 bucks from ebay and charge them both.

And a battery is smaller than a wallet

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

18 hrs. is pretty awesome. I love the swappable battery. I just wish I didn't need to.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
18 hrs. is pretty awesome. I love the swappable battery. I just wish I didn't need to.

Yeah i wish i didn't have to swap batteries as well.

But when a battery dies and you don't have a charger or a way to plug in the charger, that phone becomes a brick.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
HTC needs to do what Samsung did and release the same phone on every carrier. Not sign exclusives with each carrier. Also stand up to the carriers with your updates it shouldn't take a year to get ICS on a phone. They make good phones and are losing money because of the dumb things mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That's actually a great idea.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You wanna lend me 350 bucks to buy a nexus? I made my choice with this phone and it was the wrong choice, I have to live with it for now as I have more important things in my life to spend money on than a phone.

And I agree the one x screen is top notch.

Apprently you can't sell it or anything. :/

I know now if they would go ahead and do it. HTC would be going somewhere.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

..Too bad HTC is in no position to make demands like that to carriers.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I love HTC.... But I'm staying Galaxy S until HTC and/or Motorola does 2 things.......

1. Provide 1 Flagship device which is the same on all carriers... They can still Give carriers their own mid level devices but don't drop one "flagship" here improve it and put it on another carrier 2 months later.. Sour taste

2. Inovate... Samsung /Motorola brought new features no other phone has plus improved on the once horrible Touchwiz/Moto blur..... HTC keeps updating sense but that's it give us fresh innovation.. U know they can cause sense was sooo sick when it first hit.. Turn over to mute.. Fb, twitter integration... That was all HTC 1st... But what have you done lately

I don't trust em anymore

Sent from my GS3....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love HTC.... But I'm staying Galaxy S until HTC and/or Motorola does 2 things.......

1. Provide 1 Flagship device which is the same on all carriers... They can still Give carriers their own mid level devices but don't drop one "flagship" here improve it and put it on another carrier 2 months later.. Sour taste

2. Inovate... Samsung /Motorola brought new features no other phone has plus improved on the once horrible Touchwiz/Moto blur..... HTC keeps updating sense but that's it give us fresh innovation.. U know they can cause sense was sooo sick when it first hit.. Turn over to mute.. Fb, twitter integration... That was all HTC 1st... But what have you done lately

I don't trust em anymore

Sent from my GS3....

What have they done lately? It's called the One X. That's what they've done. It continues to be relevant and not outdated 4 months after its release, unlike some other flagship phone. :)

HTC doesn't have the money of Samsung to release the same phone on all carriers simultaneously.

Sense 4 is plenty innovative. It's lightweight and fast. It doesn't bog the phone down at all, and it doesn't require 2gb of ram to run smoothly.

But to get more specific, HTC put the best display that has ever been in a phone in the One X. It's still unmatched, and the camera has set the bar. They also designed the One X/S from the ground up to be unique and stylish. No iPhone clone here. :)