Why don't people like HTC anymore?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What have they done lately? It's called the One X. That's what they've done. It continues to be relevant and not outdated 4 months after its release, unlike some other flagship phone. :)

HTC doesn't have the money of Samsung to release the same phone on all carriers simultaneously.

Sense 4 is plenty innovative. It's lightweight and fast. It doesn't bog the phone down at all, and it doesn't require 2gb of ram to run smoothly.

But to get more specific, HTC put the best display that has ever been in a phone in the One X. It's still unmatched, and the camera has set the bar. They also designed the One X/S from the ground up to be unique and stylish. No iPhone clone here. :)

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

The One X is a good phone. Designwise and Specwise and Sense 4 runs fluid and smoothly unlike the older version of Sense and if I was on ATT I would buy it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What have they done lately? It's called the One X. That's what they've done. It continues to be relevant and not outdated 4 months after its release, unlike some other flagship phone. :)

HTC doesn't have the money of Samsung to release the same phone on all carriers simultaneously.

Sense 4 is plenty innovative. It's lightweight and fast. It doesn't bog the phone down at all, and it doesn't require 2gb of ram to run smoothly.

But to get more specific, HTC put the best display that has ever been in a phone in the One X. It's still unmatched, and the camera has set the bar. They also designed the One X/S from the ground up to be unique and stylish. No iPhone clone here. :)

One x is a great phone, but it isn't even HTC's best, that would be the EVO 3D.

And what phone is located 4 months after its release?

The one x is on its way there quickly

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

If you're not a power user who uses tons of space or is swapping batteries all the time, it's the best HTC phone. It looks nicer to boot:) also a better development community.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If you're not a power user who uses tons of space or is swapping batteries all the time, it's the best HTC phone. It looks nicer to boot:) also a better development community.

Can't swap batteries on the EVO LTE.

One x does look better than the EVO. But the EVO is simply a better phone - it's the one x with a bigger battery and card slot

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

One x does look better than the EVO. But the EVO is simply a better phone - it's the one x with a bigger battery and card slot

It's thicker, weighs more and is uglier. Again, if you're not a power user, it's no better at all. For the average user, the One X is the same phone, only it looks better.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

That would be the S3. Already Samsung has moved on, and assuming they get Jelly Bean on all versions that'll be it. Then it's just a ghost for them.

I'll take the bigger battery but you can keep the SD card slot. I wouldn't mind a kickstand, but not at the expense of the style of the One X.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
That would be the S3. Already Samsung has moved on, and assuming they get Jelly Bean on all versions that'll be it. Then it's just a ghost for them.

I'll take the bigger battery but you can keep the SD card slot. I wouldn't mind a kickstand, but not at the expense of the style of the One X.

Sd card >>>> no sd card any day!

As i said, the EVO LTE is just the improved version of the one x.

Offers everything the one x does and more

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The real reason they aren't that popular is because in between the EVO 4G and the one series they stopped innovating, and went without a definitive flagship and started creating copy cat clones of all their products shaped like pure bricks and marketed them poorly. My issues with HTC are irrelevant in the consumer market, most people don't care about updates or hackability, nor do they know what version of android they are running. The one series is a step in the right direction but they are screwing up on that by having carrier specific versions like the EVO 4G LTE and Droid Incredible 4G LTE. Also while sense 4 is definitely an improvement over 3.x, it still needs a lot more work. Imo sense should compliment android not overtake it, and from what I've seen sense is nearly to the level of amazons forked android.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The real reason they aren't that popular is because in between the EVO 4G and the one series they stopped innovating, and went without a definitive flagship and started creating copy cat clones of all their products shaped like pure bricks and marketed them poorly. My issues with HTC are irrelevant in the consumer market, most people don't care about updates or hackability, nor do they know what version of android they are running. The one series is a step in the right direction but they are screwing up on that by having carrier specific versions like the EVO 4G LTE and Droid Incredible 4G LTE. Also while sense 4 is definitely an improvement over 3.x, it still needs a lot more work. Imo sense should compliment android not overtake it, and from what I've seen sense is nearly to the level of amazons forked android.

Very valid points that I've brought up in other threads, too. I think people sometimes fail to realize the mistake HTC made last year (2011) by not having a definitive flagship device (nope, Evo 3D doesn't count).

But Sense is nowhere near what Amazon has done. Touchwiz is much, MUCH closer to that.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

You guys sound silly as hell saying Samsung has moved on.... Yea ok with over 20 million sold in months with goals of doubling that... Are you that silly to believe that... Haha..

And I said HTC works on sense that would include making faster more fluid etc.... So you said the same thing.. stop reading what you want instead of what I said...
But nothing new to the smartphone industry.... None!! I love HTC so I'd love nothing more but to be able to say the opposite.... so continue on with your childish iphone clone shots like we are on the school yard... I gave solid facts good and bad and people can't take that

I didn't buy older Samsung cause they did look too iphoneish in and out... But to say the same of the GS3..... Smh.... Ok. I keep using this iphone clone and be happy about it... If you wanna buy me a phone ill let you pick it next time...

And as far as the GS3 having 2G of RAM.... It's called being future proof... The US version has 2G of RAM to offset the US 4G LTE network not being comparable with Quad core...has nothing to do with needing it for Touchwiz... If you took the time to study phones that you wanna comment on you would know Touchwiz is lighter than HTC sense.... With that said maybe The oneX/new evo could use another Gig of ram so you could actually do some real multi tasking.....

HTC OX is great phone.... Like I said I'm just over sense I've had it for years and years.... Just need a fresh look... & New innovative features...

Screen: well if you like LCD nothing beats HTC OX..... Me I like LED GS3 is great!!! It's a preference.....

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my GS3....

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Very valid points that I've brought up in other threads, too. I think people sometimes fail to realize the mistake HTC made last year (2011) by not having a definitive flagship device (nope, Evo 3D doesn't count).

But Sense is nowhere near what Amazon has done. Touchwiz is much, MUCH closer to that.

Stated

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Man I agree... Someone else said they don't have the money to put out one flagship... But that's not true... The new Evo & HOX are the same phone... The new Incredible coming (love the OG incredible) looks to be the same OneX family.....They need to just stop doing that... Put the same phone out tell the carriers this is it... Call it what you want incredible X, Evo X, we don't care but aren't changing it we will give you your own color but the phone isn't changing ... Now what they don't have is the money and balls to say this... cause they don't want any of em to say no..... But they would sell more.. As a whole... If I get it on Verizon and ur my boy and u like and it's on ur network ull go get it yourself... I see it with the GS3 everyday

Sent from my GS3....

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Man I agree... Someone else said they don't have the money to put out one flagship... But that's not true... The new Evo & HOX are the same phone... The new Incredible coming (love the OG incredible) looks to be the same OneX family.....They need to just stop doing that... Put the same phone out tell the carriers this is it... Call it what you want incredible X, Evo X, we don't care but aren't changing it we will give you your own color but the phone isn't changing ... Now what they don't have is the money and balls to say this... cause they don't want any of em to say no..... But they would sell more.. As a whole... If I get it on Verizon and ur my boy and u like and it's on ur network ull go get it yourself... I see it with the GS3 everyday

Sent from my GS3....

I'm thinking that they have the money but just need to stand up to the carriers. But I'm thinking that are too scared to do it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not that they don't have the money. The carriers don't feel like they'll lose much by not having their handsets.

With Apple and Samsung selling tens of millions of devices the carriers will lose customers by not having those phones.

When's the last time HTC sold that many of anything?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not that they don't have the money. The carriers don't feel like they'll lose much by not having their handsets.

With Apple and Samsung selling tens of millions of devices the carriers will lose customers by not having those phones.

When's the last time HTC sold that many of anything?

"HTC is a wildly successful hardware manufacturer."

Said nobody, ever.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking that they have the money but just need to stand up to the carriers. But I'm thinking that are too scared to do it.

It's not a matter of scared. If they had the kind of leverage with carriers needed to release a single flagship, they would have done it.

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC One S is an awesome phone.. I have One, No issues. I hope they use as their flagship and it seem they're starting yo do that. They need to put their name out there more to be recognize. At least they're not copying Apple.....

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums