Beats audio.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
How many of you guys actually use the beats audio.? If you do what headphones do you use.? I personnally use a good old pair of lg tone headphones. I changed the equlizer on them for more bass and use the beats audio and bam. Good music for every song i play. Gettin' some beats by dre today tho to accompany my already great sounding phone. What about you guys.?

Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x:)

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I do use the Beats audio. Why not. Paired with B&W P3 headphones. They're great!

Attachments

• xl_bandw_p3_headphones_white_624.jpg
    xl_bandw_p3_headphones_white_624.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 217

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it do, mainly because "why not?" I've recently found myself using pretty crappy ear buds almost all of the time now. Planning get a real pair again before the end of the year. Then I'll really be able to see what all of the commotion is.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure it is JUST an Equalizer. I have not installed what is talked about in this thread yet-
[MOD][PORT][9/7][CM10/AOKP/MIUI/SENSE]One eXtreme Sound Enhancer Rezound Edition - xda-developers

But I have read the discussion. Perhaps it is an EQ that is always on... sounds like there are library files replaced with the Beats files. I have seen both where it supposedly works WITH DSP Manager (an EQ), and where it does not. Not sure there. Thought I think it is mostly achievable with tuning EQ, I suck at tuning DSP Manager. Don't have the ears for it.

But I think it is a little more than JUST an EQ. Just not that much more.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Right, it is a bit more than an equalizer, it also adds Echo and spacial separation (AKA reverb and Virtualizer).

It is designed to compensate for cheap ear bud.
As an equalizer its pretty lame because its fixed, essentially non-adjustable.

The prior version (the one that came on the phone) at least had the ability to select which kind of headset you had. Since the update, it provides no choice at all.
There are third party equalizers in the play store. Several have high ratings. Some also allow you to add echo and separation.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I use beats and have the urbeats ear buds that are designed for HTC. I got the ear buds free and they a great. Would never pay $100 for the, but free, yes sir!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a pretty nice stereo surround sound system at home, Beats works great over Bluetooth connected through the BlackBerry Music Gateway too. The Sound difference is more than noticeable compared to any other phone I've had so far pumping it through my Boston Acoustic speakers and Subwoofer. :)

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a pretty nice stereo surround sound system at home, Beats works great over Bluetooth connected through the BlackBerry Music Gateway too. The Sound difference is more than noticeable compared to any other phone I've had so far pumping it through my Boston Acoustic speakers and Subwoofer. :)

Wait, beats works over bluetooth?

My beatd won't even come on without earphones plugged in.

The only thing I could test it with would be my car. I'll have to try that out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I use it with poweramp and they sound pretty good, I use the MUNITIO - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Billets 9mm Special Edition Earphones - Gun Metal Black and they sound pretty good for costing me ~$40

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Of course,in my op i said i use the lg tone headphones for music,a bluetooth headset. Sounds pretty swell lol.

Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x:)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The Beats icon shows up when I connect to my Toyota stereo via BT. Not certain I can tell the difference, but that could be me more than the stereo.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The Beats icon shows up when I connect to my Toyota stereo via BT. Not certain I can tell the difference, but that could be me more than the stereo.

Yup, just found out it works on my Chrysler 300 as well.

I can switch between Beats on or Off in the notifications and I can definitely here the difference.

Oddly the on-dash button for Next/Previous song will only work when Google Music interface is closed on the phone.
And then it jumps albums, not tracks. Very strange.

The on-board music player that came with the phone will skip to the next track as you would expect.

EDIT...
Figured it out with regard to Google music...
Forward and back buttons skip thru Albums if you were sitting on the Album list, Songs if sitting on the all songs list and Artists if sitting on the artist list. If sitting in a playlist, it will skip songs.
But it only works once you close leave the google music player. If the interface is open bluetooth forward and back buttons don't do much at all.

But Beats does work over bluetooth, so its nice to know that.

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Well it comes up automatically when I connect and start playing and I notice a big change in the sound quality so I'm assuming that it is working. I've only used it with an actual headset once but it worked with those too. They were ear buds. But I'm still pretty new with Android and Beats Audio so there might be some types of Bluetooth that are supported and some that aren't. I'm not the one to ask about that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What sounds "better" is a personal preference anyway. With Beats on most music is too bass heavy (if you test it with an RTA you'll see this is a fact). But a lot of people prefer it that way. I like accurate, natural sound so I keep it off. Not getting into the fact that we're all listening to compressed music anyway LOL so it's not "accurate" already.