Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Beats audio.

How many of you guys actually use the beats audio.? If you do what headphones do you use.? I personnally use a good old pair of lg tone headphones. I changed the equlizer on them for more bass and use the beats audio and bam. Good music for every song i play. Gettin' some beats by dre today tho to accompany my already great sounding phone. What about you guys.?

Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x(:

Default Re: Beats audio.

I do use the Beats audio. Why not. Paired with B&W P3 headphones. They're great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beats audio.-xl_bandw_p3_headphones_white_624.jpg  
    MonumentSquare likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by teletraan1 View Post
    I do use the Beats audio. Why not. Paired with B&W P3 headphones. They're great!
    Some people say its a gimmick,but those look like pretty sweet headphones. How much where they.?

Beats in HTC is just an equalizer. I have it in my gs3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I use it do, mainly because "why not?" I've recently found myself using pretty crappy ear buds almost all of the time now. Planning get a real pair again before the end of the year. Then I'll really be able to see what all of the commotion is.

I am not sure it is JUST an Equalizer. I have not installed what is talked about in this thread yet-
    [MOD][PORT][9/7][CM10/AOKP/MIUI/SENSE]One eXtreme Sound Enhancer Rezound Edition - xda-developers

But I have read the discussion. Perhaps it is an EQ that is always on... sounds like there are library files replaced with the Beats files. I have seen both where it supposedly works WITH DSP Manager (an EQ), and where it does not. Not sure there. Thought I think it is mostly achievable with tuning EQ, I suck at tuning DSP Manager. Don't have the ears for it.

But I think it is a little more than JUST an EQ. Just not that much more.

Right, it is a bit more than an equalizer, it also adds Echo and spacial separation (AKA reverb and Virtualizer).

It is designed to compensate for cheap ear bud.
    As an equalizer its pretty lame because its fixed, essentially non-adjustable.

The prior version (the one that came on the phone) at least had the ability to select which kind of headset you had. Since the update, it provides no choice at all.
    There are third party equalizers in the play store. Several have high ratings. Some also allow you to add echo and separation.

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I use beats and have the urbeats ear buds that are designed for HTC. I got the ear buds free and they a great. Would never pay $100 for the, but free, yes sir!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I have a pretty nice stereo surround sound system at home, Beats works great over Bluetooth connected through the BlackBerry Music Gateway too. The Sound difference is more than noticeable compared to any other phone I've had so far pumping it through my Boston Acoustic speakers and Subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    I have a pretty nice stereo surround sound system at home, Beats works great over Bluetooth connected through the BlackBerry Music Gateway too. The Sound difference is more than noticeable compared to any other phone I've had so far pumping it through my Boston Acoustic speakers and Subwoofer.
    Wait, beats works over bluetooth?

My beatd won't even come on without earphones plugged in.

The only thing I could test it with would be my car. I'll have to try that out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Never used it. I use Skull Candy headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I use it with poweramp and they sound pretty good, I use the MUNITIO - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Billets 9mm Special Edition Earphones - Gun Metal Black and they sound pretty good for costing me ~$40
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post

Of course,in my op i said i use the lg tone headphones for music,a bluetooth headset. Sounds pretty swell lol.

The Beats icon shows up when I connect to my Toyota stereo via BT. Not certain I can tell the difference, but that could be me more than the stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    The Beats icon shows up when I connect to my Toyota stereo via BT. Not certain I can tell the difference, but that could be me more than the stereo.
    Yup, just found out it works on my Chrysler 300 as well.

I can switch between Beats on or Off in the notifications and I can definitely here the difference.

Oddly the on-dash button for Next/Previous song will only work when Google Music interface is closed on the phone.
    And then it jumps albums, not tracks. Very strange.

The on-board music player that came with the phone will skip to the next track as you would expect.

EDIT...
    Figured it out with regard to Google music...
    Forward and back buttons skip thru Albums if you were sitting on the Album list, Songs if sitting on the all songs list and Artists if sitting on the artist list. If sitting in a playlist, it will skip songs.
    But it only works once you close leave the google music player. If the interface is open bluetooth forward and back buttons don't do much at all.

But Beats does work over bluetooth, so its nice to know that.

Well it comes up automatically when I connect and start playing and I notice a big change in the sound quality so I'm assuming that it is working. I've only used it with an actual headset once but it worked with those too. They were ear buds. But I'm still pretty new with Android and Beats Audio so there might be some types of Bluetooth that are supported and some that aren't. I'm not the one to ask about that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Beats audio with skullcandy 50/50 buds are nice :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.20 Stock, AOKP

No beats audio because i don't like the franchise or the sound produced
    "I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    -Stephen Roberts
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by furygoalbrtis39 View Post
    No beats audio because i don't like the franchise or the sound produced
    I think it does make the music sound better,w/ or w/o beats headphones. :P

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What sounds "better" is a personal preference anyway. With Beats on most music is too bass heavy (if you test it with an RTA you'll see this is a fact). But a lot of people prefer it that way. I like accurate, natural sound so I keep it off. Not getting into the fact that we're all listening to compressed music anyway LOL so it's not "accurate" already.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    oldescript likes this.

Exactly.

But there's method to this madness.

Too base heavy is designed to compensate for base challenged earbuds.

If you have quality headphones, or even allegedly quality ear buds, you don't need beats.

With any headphones under $50, beats sounds better.

Just you wait Kevin, you will get old some day too. Damn wippersnappers with perfect hearing? :-P

SenseMonkey likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just you wait Kevin, you will get old some day too. :-P

I refuse! LOL

I understand why they did it, but I wish it was more than software. Put a good, high-quality DAC in there, too. That's all I want.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I use Beats Audio with Helium earphones i got at the Source. It sounds great when watching movies on Netflix.

I use beats with some Sennheiser 558s when home, and the same when at work (because I hate my coworkers). It sounds fine. I had a 3rd party equalizer, but I'd find myself constantly adjusting for the music I was listening to at the time (I have a wide range of musical tastes) and it got so darned annoying that I just decided to forget about it and switch to beats all the time. It's not terrible, I think it does a fine job detected to what I'm listening and adjusting.

Beats software is also designed to pull out frequencies lost in the audio compression, similar to dm+ in some Sony radios. I use it in my car (Boston acoustic sub and door speakers, 500 watts rms, quality over volume) and it is a big difference in all types of music.

It pulls out high and low frequency. This is for more than bass hads. From a drum point of view, I can hear the cymbals and snare better in metal and rock. In country, it pulls the lower tones out which can get lost easily following the drums or rhythm guitar. In rap, it makes the bass quality sound better but it still pulls out high frequency better than my iPod nano.

On cheap headphones, I can't tell a big difference. Anything I have plugged it into that is mid to high quality I can tell. I would never buy beats headphones, but the software does work if you have the right set up to hear it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast