No case or screen protector?

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is essentially a pointless post, I know. This has been my experience:

When I first got this phone, it was bigger and more slippery than I was used to, and I dropped it. Despite gorilla glass, there were some scratches on the screen. Thankfully, I was able to get a new one due to an unrelated issue with the phone.

I try a thicker protective case, but it makes the phone huge (I don't understand why anyone does this)
I try an Incipio Feather, it gets discolored in a week and looks like hell.
I try several screen protectors, but all line up in the area around the AT&T logo and interfere with my ability pull down the notifications menu.

In the past I have tried adhesive body protection, like the InvisibleShield, but that is extremely difficult to put on well, gets discolored from the oils in your hand, and picks up pocket lint and dust at its edges.

What I would really like is a simple, unpainted, matte-finish, real (not the 3M tape) carbon fiber skin that would clip on and not get discolored. It would raise about 1mm off the front of the screen for the times when the phone is put face down.

That's my wish.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this probably isnt the answer you want,but id try an otterbox. Yea its big but its alot thinner then the otterboxs that where previously made,its alot thinner then my old evo 3d otterbox defender case. Worth every $.01.
Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x:)

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the EVO 4g LTE which is very similar to the HTC One. So far I'm not using a case or screen protector and have dropped it several times and luckily have not experienced a scratch. Still looks new.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I too can tell you that the Otterbox Defender case for this phone is AMAZING! My HOX had one when I had it. Its still very light. Plus it will protect it from many drops!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Nice looking case. I may pick it up to replace my thick heavy Seidio case. (I don't dare take the Seidio off because If I do, I'll never put
it back on again when I re-discover the beauty of this gorgeous phone.)

But I won't be paying that price, when this one is so much cheaper.
Even[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007IZ6ERI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&t=androidcentral00-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2154493] Amazon has it [/URL]much cheaper.

Last edited:

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois