Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Browser Crashing

Has anyone else had the stock browser just shut down for no reason? Mine has done it another of times over the past couple of days and I have installed chrome as a back up.

Default Re: Stock Browser Crashing

I think browser crashing is unavoidable, as long as its not too frequent.

Try clearing the data for the app from SETTINGS-APPS. Should clear it up for a while, but Chrome is a better solution .

Yes, stock browser will crash occasionally, and i suspect it is related to corrupted cache, because most of the time you can simply clear cache and it works fine. I also don't discount the possibility of dodgy websites or advertising sites attempting to use exploits, and the stock browser is programmed to just shut down rather than hand over the keys to the castle.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Stock browser has been flawless for me. Started using it because chrome freezes /crashes after the official update

I didn't know anyone still used the stock browser. There's a reason they dumped it for Chrome in 4.1. You should do the same.

How would they have dumped the stock browser since it's still on our phones?

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

I'm with you never had a problem with stock browser.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I'm using Sensation but my browser crashes CONSTANTLY. There is no session I start without the browser suddenly just disappearing a couple of times. There is nothing wrong with the pages since if I restart the browser and go back where I was it works fine. I would love to change to FF or Chrome but the built-in HTC bloatware means that I am forced to double the space taken up and I have so little space on my phone...a measly 1 gb total for HTC--even things that supposedly install to card leave a big footprint sometimes on the phone.