AT&T One X won't receive texts periodically

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me twice. It also happened to my girlfriend's phone, an HTC Inspire 4G. In just about the same location in my house. I think its more AT&T and their radios / towers than the phone.

nolascoboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem too. At first, I thought it was because I was running an app while the messages were supposed to come in, but it just seems to not get them every once in a while. This is actually a replacement because the at&t people thought the first phone just had a bug or something. Then I called at&t about it and they said they were going to have me "switch towers" or something like that. After, it seemed like everything was fine. But a few days later, it started happening again. I just test it by doing the airplane mode fix that someone posted above. Also, I don't seem to get phone calls during this down time as well. Anyone know what the problem is?

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
finally gave at&t a call and they re-registered my phone with the network. still experiencing the same issues. i don't understand how this keeps happening when this is a basic function of a phone.

spettiner

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We just had this problem with my wife's phone last night (just got it saturday). Called AT&T and the rep re-registered the phone and she got 7 billion texts as soon as it came back on. I'll have to keep an eye on it for a little while I guess. I don't have this problem with my Galaxy S3, but her old Iphone 4 would do the same thing every once in a while.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It is an AT&T LTE issue. I have the HTC one x and they are well aware of the issue. They disabled my LTE after months of missing calls and texts being late, and so far all is well. They had initially said it is due to the phone not waking up or switching the way it is supposed to.They do not know when it will be fixed as of three days ago when I called for an update. Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae