Printing From The One X

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a wireless HP Photosmart 5514 and two HTC One X's. Until today we have not had any problem with printing photos and such from the X's. Today the printer lost it's connection so we reset the connection on the printer. Now we're having a problem with printing from one of the X's. On the X that is having the problem, we choose a photo, tap more, select print and here is where I think the problem comes into the picture. On the One X where it shows the printers that can be used it shows two instances of the same printer. The top printer says the name and under the name it says Off-line. Then the second one says the name of the printer and says Ready underneath it. So when I click the one that is ready and go through the steps and click print, I get a notification that says "Unable to print. Would you like to try again?". Clicking yes only repeats the notification.

Is there a way to manually manage printers on the One X to delete the second occurrence of the printer or any other work around to fix this???

Thanks for the help.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I suspect your printer is being accessed via different paths, maybe because it got a new IP or something, and the old connection is remembered, or it was re-shared by a windows machine on your network, google cloud print, etc.

Do you have it connected via USB, or WIFI?
Did you sign it up for HPs ePrint service?
Did it get shared by another machine on the network?
Is that machine powered on?
Did you sign up for Google Cloud print?

Any of the above might cause it to appear as different paths (multiple instances).

I had some issues when I first switched to two factor authentication with regard to google cloud print.

One way to get things cleared up on the HOX is to go to Settings / Appls / ALL /
and scroll down till you find the printing software and clear its cache and data, then re-set it up again.
That might clear ont any old instances.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your response.

I actually got the problem fixed by renaming the instance of the printer that was off-line. After renaming it, the printer started spitting all the failed attempts one after the other.

Jake Fowler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm having some trouble printing to my Canon mg5350, I used to be able to but now when I choose theprinter, it won't show a previewb and won't let me select print.
Thanks in advance

AustinHook

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Regards deleting a printer by resetting settings>apps>all and finding the printing software. I don't see any mention of printing software in the list.
:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund