- 201 Posts
Pocket dialing 911
I bet i've pocket dialed 911 ten times since buying this phone in June. I've tried different lock screens and i use the pattern lock as a preference. Same results. Can't find anywhere in settings to disable the emergency call button, so I'm assuming it's not possible. So how about an app? I've done some searching, but no luck.
- 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM #2
Re: Pocket dialing 911
I've never even once pocket dialed any number on this phone.
If you run your phone pass code locked you actually have a greater chance of a 911 pocket dial because it offers it on the lock screen.
But still, you still have to:
1) push the power button to wake the phone
2) pull up the ring
3) press the emergency calls button
Without a screen lock, it's harder to do by accident, but your phone is more at risk.
Are you running stock on this phone or a custom rom?
Are you using a case? I found some cases (Seidio) actually make it easier to push the power button by accident.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by icebike; 09-27-2012 at 01:34 PM.
- 10-10-2012, 08:19 PM #3
- By rp014789 in forum HTC One XReplies: 12Last Post: 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM
- By ansextra in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 25Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM
- By roket77 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 4Last Post: 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM
- By donavan in forum AT&T LG Phoenix/ThriveReplies: 3Last Post: 08-30-2011, 11:39 PM
- By Paul627g in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2011, 12:40 PM