Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By oshogg
  • 1 Post By icebike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova Launcher Question

I bought this app since it was $0.25 and I like it all but I have issue. I can't re-add my weather widgets etc. I can't figure out how. Can we not add them with our phones?

Sorry if I'm asking a noob question. I'm new to Android.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Converted iPhone user and happy new owner of an HTC One X.............Sorry Apple........

Default Re: Nova Launcher Question

The weather widgets that come with the One X are all widgets that are directly tied to Sense. If you replace Sense with another launcher, you're no longer able to use them, because that launcher wasn't built with them in it. So, in short, you can't do it so long as you're using Nova Launcher and not Sense.

There are other widget sets that give the same look and function. Beautiful widgets for one. You lose the nice calendar widget also, and the frequent contacts.

Simple calendar widget, and android pro widgets fill the gap nicely.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not all bad then. Sense is one of the reasons I picked this phone over the S3.

I appreciate the replies!!

Converted iPhone user and happy new owner of an HTC One X.............Sorry Apple........

Try fancy widgets, get pro version, you can change clock and weather skins separately! Unlimited looks! I'm in love!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Even the free version of fancy widgets looks like the sense clock

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I bought HD Widgets - which was also 0.25 a day earlier. That works very well with Nova Launcher.

Osho
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well I played around with with the launcher and other widgets but after all was said and done--I actually went back to Sense. What I really want to do is root this and dump all the bloatware from this phone. Just think its too early as I just got it a little over two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaste View Post
    Well I played around with with the launcher and other widgets but after all was said and done--I actually went back to Sense. What I really want to do is root this and dump all the bloatware from this phone. Just think its too early as I just got it a little over two weeks ago.

I'm in the same boat. I Disabled as much bloatware as I could, and I'm going to wait for Jelly Bean before I root and start tossing things out.

I'm really not unhappy with Sense. It works very well. (Mine is an international version).
    oldescript likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I Disabled as much bloatware as I could, and I'm going to wait for Jelly Bean before I root and start tossing things out.

I'm really not unhappy with Sense. It works very well. (Mine is an international version).
    Yes Sense works rather well and I'm not surprised I uninstalled Nova Launcher. It's like Dreamboard if you jail break your iPhone or iPad. I'm new to Android so I'm unfamiliar with rooting right now. I realized the benefits of rooting/jail breaking with Apple and its why eventually I'd like to try it on this phone. I seem to get a feeling people really like rooting. It's the one thing Apple wouldn't allow, bloatware. Other than that--I also disabled all of it too.

Rooting an Android phone gives more freedom and access than Jailbreaking an iPhone, in my experiences. The thing is, if you have a One X that has the 2.20 firmware on it, I don't think it's been rooted yet. I've been keeping an eye out as I'd like to toss Jelly Bean on my phone, but I haven't found a way to root after the update. I got the phone a few days before that update hit, and I accepted without thinking about it, and now I'm stuck with the stock ROM. Now, admittedly, I feel less inclined to root/ROM this thing than I have any other Android phone I've owned (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, and GNex), so it's not a huge loss to me.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

The first day I got this phone it had an update and now it's at 4.xxx but I swear it was already st 4.xx already. Like I stated-I'm new to Android rooting. Whole different ball game. I just wish AT&T would put less useless apps on this beast.

I too un installed nova to go back to sense. I missed the widgets. I actually really like sense. Only thing I want added is toggle shortcuts in the drop down notification bar.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Coldy86 View Post
    I too un installed nova to go back to sense. I missed the widgets. I actually really like sense. Only thing I want added is toggle shortcuts in the drop down notification bar.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Switchpro widget is perfect to get those back. Can put in notification drawer.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by: