Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Is it really worth getting rid of my HTC One X for the upcoming One X +? I have no problems whatsoever My ONE X has been flawless. Yeah I do love the quad core in the new processors coming with it. And a lot more memory. Not sure what to do.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    It would be an upgrade, although no excessive need.

    Author Of NoobTech
  3. #3  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    The value is up to you. If I had the money I would absolutely figure out a way to get one. There are enough improvements to make me want it.

    I still want to see the battery life claims put to the test, though. The Snapdragon has gained a reputation for being power efficient (look at the international vs att one x), and the Tegra hasn't changed that much. Will the increased battery and potential gains from the Icera integrated modem be enough to beat the Snapdragon?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    The value is up to you. If I had the money I would absolutely figure out a way to get one. There are enough improvements to make me want it.

    I still want to see the battery life claims put to the test, though. The Snapdragon has gained a reputation for being power efficient (look at the international vs att one x), and the Tegra hasn't changed that much. Will the increased battery and potential gains from the Icera integrated modem be enough to beat the Snapdragon?
    My thoughts exactly. I think what all do is wait until the phone is out for a month or 2. Let it work its quirks out and problems. And see how long it lasts how great it runs. Then I make a decision from there.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Is it really worth getting rid of my HTC One X for the upcoming One X +? I have no problems whatsoever My ONE X has been flawless. Yeah I do love the quad core in the new processors coming with it. And a lot more memory. Not sure what to do.
    I got to play with one about a month ago.

    Physically, it's nearly identical on the outside. Exactly the same look and feel.

    Under the hood? Definitely faster. You won't notice any huge visible changes in Sense 4+. It's been tightened up some.

    If you can get one cheap/free, I'd do it. Otherwise, if you're happy with what you've already got ...
  6. #6  
    isdaako's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Is it really worth getting rid of my HTC One X for the upcoming One X +? I have no problems whatsoever My ONE X has been flawless. Yeah I do love the quad core in the new processors coming with it. And a lot more memory. Not sure what to do.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Don't forget the bigger battery.
  7. #7  
    kygator13's Avatar

    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I plan on getting one. I will probably sell my one x to fund it or see if I can get at&t to let me do an early upgrade to get one since I bought the one x about 3 months ago. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    I plan on getting one. I will probably sell my one x to fund it or see if I can get at&t to let me do an early upgrade to get one since I bought the one x about 3 months ago. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    I know att was giving $200 trade in for the One X a few months ago. Not sure if this is the same now. They probably lowered that now.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    I plan on getting one. I will probably sell my one x to fund it or see if I can get at&t to let me do an early upgrade to get one since I bought the one x about 3 months ago. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.
    AT&T ETF Policy is here:

    So long story short, if you sell your current phone, you need to get 325 (minus about 30 bucks for "time served") just to cover the ETF, (or about $295), then you have to cover the up-front fee on the new phone which will probably be $199 (at least for a while). Note: I'm guessing here, because I don't think AT&T has announced a price yet, but all high-end phones seem to start at $199.

    So you need $495 from your current phone to get the upgrade with no out-of-pocket.

    No Commitment pricing on the current One X phone today from AT&T is 499.
    So most people won't pay you any where near 494 when they can pay 4 dollars more and get a warranty, or
    just pay 99 bucks with a two year plan.

    So I suspect you are going to have to kick in a little money for this upgrade, probably $150 or more likely $200. If you get the ETF from your sale of your current phone, that's probably about as good as you will get.

    Might still be worth it for you, but its not for me. Maybe when LTE is more widely deployed.
    Last edited by icebike; 10-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    dudecrush2012 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I'm getting it. Improved battery,storage, access to tegra enhanced games (even though I dont play very often). I bought my HOX on ebay so I'll just sell it. If their smart they'll release it soon to lessen the competition with the Nokia 920 and what ever else is about to drop.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    If you see it fit. Me, sure, everything on there makes me drool, but if I buy it I'm sure soon enough something even better will pop up. I want it, but so far my One X does everything I need it to. Although a slightly bigger battery would be nice, I'll have to see how well that Tegra 3 baby behaves.

    Sent from my HTC One X
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    It's an amplified one x. Personally, the one x + sounds perfect. I was hooked at '64 gb'. I'm just a little upset my old Aria died on me before the end of the year

    Now Faster & Smoother!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I think the difference is more evident for the US version, the international one is a bit closer to the OneX+, but I agree that the battery on the Tegra3 model has been weak compared to the snapdragon version.

    Personally, with all the talk about the HTC phablet, potentially with a 440ppi, true 1080p HD screen at 5 inches, I am going to wait! ;-)
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chema Martin View Post
    I think the difference is more evident for the US version, the international one is a bit closer to the OneX+, but I agree that the battery on the Tegra3 model has been weak compared to the snapdragon version.

    Personally, with all the talk about the HTC phablet, potentially with a 440ppi, true 1080p HD screen at 5 inches, I am going to wait! ;-)
    I'd wait for the new A15 soc phones to come out. The LG optimus G has about the specs I've seen so far with the s4 quad pro, true HD ips+ display will put everything to shame, the new battery tech, 2gb of ram. Really if u already have the one x I'd wait for something that is truly an upgrade which would be something with true 720p HD display. An A15 soc chip, 2gb of ram. Something along those lines. The one x+ probably wouldn't even be a noticeable upgrade.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I'm so happy with my One X (international) I'm not planning on doing a swap just yet. It looks the same to be honest and I'm happy with the speed and look of this. Yeah. I might wait and see what's coming later next year but at the moment I'm chuffed to bits!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I'd wait for the new A15 soc phones to come out. The LG optimus G has about the specs I've seen so far with the s4 quad pro, true HD ips+ display will put everything to shame, the new battery tech, 2gb of ram. Really if u already have the one x I'd wait for something that is truly an upgrade which would be something with true 720p HD display. An A15 soc chip, 2gb of ram. Something along those lines. The one x+ probably wouldn't even be a noticeable upgrade.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Did you not see that Phil said its noticeably faster? Also, the S4 is NOT A15. Its a custom core based on the ArmV7 instruction set. And while it'll definitely be fast, what's actually going to use all that power? Not web browsing, and not running a UI. Qualcomm needs to get some games optimized for its architecture to really show what their stuff is capable of.

    Also, "true" 720p is 1280x720, not 1280x768.

    I'm not saying you don't have some valid points, but your facts are off.

    Design is subjective, but IMO the One X/+ look WAY better than the G. The display quality will most likely be a wash, same with the camera. Sense > LG UI IMO.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    To be fair, Phil said the One X+ was slightly faster, but it was running JB. The reviews from the Euro writers say the same thing.

    Oh, and Phil confirmed he played with it a MONTH AGO, just as I speculated in another thread where everyone was doubting the existence of this phone.

    A lot can change in a month.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I will wait for JB on the One X, then I will compare my One X to a X+ at the AT&T store. Selling the X and buying an X+ full price will probably cost $150-$200 out of pocket. Will have to see a side by side comparison in person to see if it's worth it.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Does anyone know if the unlocked Asian market One X+ will have LTE? Or any other version for that matter? Or will it just be the carrier-locked North American ones that have LTE?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Someone please tell me multitasking actually works on this thing...

    Sent from my HTC One X
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Did you not see that Phil said its noticeably faster? Also, the S4 is NOT A15. Its a custom core based on the ArmV7 instruction set. And while it'll definitely be fast, what's actually going to use all that power? Not web browsing, and not running a UI. Qualcomm needs to get some games optimized for its architecture to really show what their stuff is capable of.

    Also, "true" 720p is 1280x720, not 1280x768.

    I'm not saying you don't have some valid points, but your facts are off.

    Design is subjective, but IMO the One X/+ look WAY better than the G. The display quality will most likely be a wash, same with the camera. Sense > LG UI IMO.
    I never said the s4 quad pro was A15 architecture but it trumps anything out right now. And I never said the optimus had a 720p screen. But it has a true ips+ display with the in cell touch. And LG's new screen tech shows it using a lot less power at higher brightness. I just said the optimus G is the best phone with the newest tech so far. And I know nothing will really use that power that's why in saying what's the point of upgrading the x? It has the s4 in it which is one of the better if not the best dual cores out. Once the x gets JB then it will be a minimal upgrade

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    quicksilver53 likes this.
  22. #22  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I never said the s4 quad pro was A15 architecture but it trumps anything out right now. And I never said the optimus had a 720p screen. But it has a true ips+ display with the in cell touch. And LG's new screen tech shows it using a lot less power at higher brightness. I just said the optimus G is the best phone with the newest tech so far. And I know nothing will really use that power that's why in saying what's the point of upgrading the x? It has the s4 in it which is one of the better if not the best dual cores out. Once the x gets JB then it will be a minimal upgrade

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    The tegra has one advantage...tegazone. If you game at all it's worth it. Stuff from there takes full advantage of he hardware. It all looks great. No doubt the S4 is the best dual-core out, but without the right software the extra horsepower is wasted.

    That's what I mean when I say Qualcomm needs to do the same thing.

    Please link to testing that shows the screen using "a lot less" power at high brightness. I'm curious to read it.

    And please reread the comment you made that I quoted above and tell me you didn't say those things again. If you didn't mean it exactly the wat you wrote it then OK, just take my post as clarification then.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  23. #23  
    sdchris's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    This is a subjective question. For me, I just go with what I like when my upgrade is up. With that said, I don't think I've been this enamored with a phone before that I would consider an upgrade after 2 years. The HOX suits my needs really well and runs all the lame apps that I need. But if you need the latest Ferrari, then treat yourself. After all, you only live once. No sense denying yourself what you want over a couple hundred bucks.
    I came to an Android HTC One X from the WP7 Samsung Focus, and I have no regrets!
    Thanked by:
    kkapoorr likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    I bet once we get the Jelly bean update the devices wont be too far apart in speed.
    Personally I think there is not enough differences.
    stevovr likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Worth getting rid of ONE X for the One X +?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    The tegra has one advantage...tegazone. If you game at all it's worth it. Stuff from there takes full advantage of he hardware. It all looks great. No doubt the S4 is the best dual-core out, but without the right software the extra horsepower is wasted.

    That's what I mean when I say Qualcomm needs to do the same thing.

    Please link to testing that shows the screen using "a lot less" power at high brightness. I'm curious to read it.

    And please reread the comment you made that I quoted above and tell me you didn't say those things again. If you didn't mean it exactly the wat you wrote it then OK, just take my post as clarification then.
    I don't see where I said the optimus g has an a15 soc. I said it has the s4 quad pro. Or where I said it has a true 720p display. I said it has a HD true ips+ display.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to get rid of "at&t" on the top left had corner
    By gtlegendz in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
  2. Two emails... How do I get rid of the one?
    By Mdhaegele in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. Why should I get the note instead of waiting for the One X?
    By lunchbox88 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 12:39 PM
  5. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

B