Backup One X to update and keep text messages

dh80

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend has a One X and it's messing up. She wants to reset it to factory settings and update it also. I copied all the folders on the phone to the computer and was about to update it but she wants to keep her text messages. Her sister recently passed away and she has some texts messages from the day she died that she wants to keep. Would the folders I copied have the texts or would I need to find a program to back up her phone. Her phone isnt rooted neither.

Thanks in advance

kayroleamer

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Try sms backup and restore from ritesh sahu, available at Google play store for free. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Open the stock messaging app. Goto settings and select Back Up Sms.
You can then restore them later.:D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Purplelinny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to do this on my One X+. I have a new one under warranty, and have the restore file from the old one. Where do I need to store it so I can select it with the restore process? I've put the file in several different folders on the new device, but the restore function says it can't find the file. :(

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lbsf1

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys. I'm getting my HOX+ replaced since it started playing up (its now started working again however the company still agreed to replace it with a new one). Is there a way to easily back up the whole of the memory so I can just put it all back on the new phone and lose non of my apps saved data??

Thanks
Luke

kizy

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I did noting before updating my one x. And my phone lost noting.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Try sms backup and restore from ritesh sahu, available at Google play store for free. Hope this helps.

This is the one I use. Get the addon for backup to dropbox. Works well and means you have a second backup on drop box in case the phone gets destroyed

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Guys. I'm getting my HOX+ replaced since it started playing up (its now started working again however the company still agreed to replace it with a new one). Is there a way to easily back up the whole of the memory so I can just put it all back on the new phone and lose non of my apps saved data??

Thanks
Luke

Unfortunately not, unless you are rooted.