Tempted to buy One X

anon(104764)

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm looking for opinions on my decision to purchase the One X and not wait for the One X+

I've done my research and read every post and announcement about the HOX+. Storage capacity is not an issue....battery 1800mah vs 2100mah has me concerned a little, but there are 2 different processors as well. As for a quad core phone, i dont need it as I dont use a phone for gaming.

I also like the look of the white one x over the black.

Also, I know both versions have LTE, but it won't be rolled out here for a while so I'll have to disable it (this should help with battery life on the HOX, right?).

So I have 14 days to decide if the battery life is sufficient. (As per the new return policy). Also, $79 vs $200 is also a much better deal... Anyone else feel the same?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just remember, you don't only pay 79$ or 200$.. you'll be paying a 2 year contract to go with the phone, and that's like 2000$ or something (rough estimate). So the price of the phone is quite minimal... Maybe 79$ saves you 1 or 2 months payment in the end, so might as well get something you'll be enjoying for a while.

Of course if you change phones every 2 months then by all means don't take this in account lol.

IF that 120$ really does make a difference though, then imo there's not much in the One X+ to give it a huge boost over the One X. It's a refresh (hence the + moniker and not a new name), rather than a revision/update to the flagship... You'll probably be happy with either one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the one x+ its coming out by the end of the month or early next month deff before xmus its in their holiday line up plus the x+ will run jelly bean out the box as the one x will be styled by the carrier for the is upgrade

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I paid $50 for my one X. Best grant I ever spent my friend. Silky smooth, all day everyday. The phone fit and finish is top notch, the camera is amazing, and it runs blazing fast no matter what tasks I can throw at it. I can easily go a day and a half on moderate usage without having to charge the battery. Heavy use requires a charge while I'm sleeping, but hardly ever in the middle of my work day. The storage is ample for the majority of users. If you're in a area without LTE the phone automatically uses the network of choice where ever you're at.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be happier with my one x. I do not see much of an improvement with the one x+ to warrent changing phones. As the previous poster stated, the battery life is very good and gets me through 24 hours of moderate to heavy use. It would serve you well, I am sure.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just remember, you don't only pay 79$ or 200$.. you'll be paying a 2 year contract to go with the phone, and that's like 2000$ or something (rough estimate). So the price of the phone is quite minimal... Maybe 79$ saves you 1 or 2 months payment in the end, so might as well get something you'll be enjoying for a while.

Of course if you change phones every 2 months then by all means don't take this in account lol.

IF that 120$ really does make a difference though, then imo there's not much in the One X+ to give it a huge boost over the One X. It's a refresh (hence the + moniker and not a new name), rather than a revision/update to the flagship... You'll probably be happy with either one.

Close but it's more like 20 a month of your bill goes towards hardware subsidies. After 20 months the 400 dollar subsidy is paid for and the last 4 months of the contract are just then making more off of you. This is why some companies will cut you a break or upgrade you early after 20 months.

If you keep a phone longer after your upgrade is available, you're just giving the carrier an extra 20 bucks a month. They love customers like that because they still get the same amount of money but without their money tied up in a hardware subsidy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Close but it's more like 20 a month of your bill goes towards hardware subsidies. After 20 months the 400 dollar subsidy is paid for and the last 4 months of the contract are just then making more off of you. This is why some companies will cut you a break or upgrade you early after 20 months.

If you keep a phone longer after your upgrade is available, you're just giving the carrier an extra 20 bucks a month. They love customers like that because they still get the same amount of money but without their money tied up in a hardware subsidy.

Isn't tmobile the only carrier in the US that does that monthly phone plan crap? Everyone talks about subsidized and $2000 over x months but I've always seen it as paying for the service versus crappy ones like cricket and virgin mobile. It doesn't cross my mind being someone that cares about quality, which I've gotten from Verizon AND AT&T.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Isn't tmobile the only carrier in the US that does that monthly phone plan crap? Everyone talks about subsidized and $2000 over x months but I've always seen it as paying for the service versus crappy ones like cricket and virgin mobile. It doesn't cross my mind being someone that cares about quality, which I've gotten from Verizon AND AT&T.

I think the real point of taking about that 2000$ over the course of the contract is that in comparison, the subsidized cost of the device, whether it's 50 or 200 doesn't seem like such a big difference.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the real point of taking about that 2000$ over the course of the contract is that in comparison, the subsidized cost of the device, whether it's 50 or 200 doesn't seem like such a big difference.

Ah I see. That brings up people who want to save $ now vs over time. I'm a now kinda of person lol

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

T mobile is the only one that's upfront with it, but they all do it.

And the entire bill is over 2,000 over 2 years, but the phone portion is only around 20.

Call the retention department of just about any phone company either when the contract is up or just before and they're usually willing to knock a little off the bill, even if it's just 20. It's because their money isn't tied up in it anymore.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
battery 1800mah vs 2100mah has me concerned a little, but there are 2 different processors as well.

Also, I know both versions have LTE, but it won't be rolled out here for a while so I'll have to disable it (this should help with battery life on the HOX, right?).

So I have 14 days to decide if the battery life is sufficient. (As per the new return policy). Also, $79 vs $200 is also a much better deal... Anyone else feel the same?

I'm not sure how much more power hungry the quad core processor is but I know the screen is what will suck down most of your battery power. I was a heavy user and that was the biggest source of battery drain for me. I had a white one and thought it looked great. AFAIK disabling 4G isn't that simple on the HOX (i.e. you can't just toggle it on/off in a menu). If you're only considering the HOX vs. HOX+ then the HOX will be plenty of phone for you I think.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
T mobile is the only one that's upfront with it, but they all do it.

And the entire bill is over 2,000 over 2 years, but the phone portion is only around 20.

Call the retention department of just about any phone company either when the contract is up ojust befo and they're usually willing to knock a little off the bill, even if it's just 20. It's because their money isn't tied up in it anymore.

I did that with Verizon back in 08 to match another providers lower,monthly for same package, they said impossible. That's why I switched to at&t...

Where's the info on this hidden pricing?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah I see. That brings up people who want to save $ now vs over time. I'm a now kinda of person lol

Sure, but when you consider that you'll have the same phone (in theory) for the next 2 years, that difference becomes even more insignificant, imo.

In the case of the One X vs One X+ though, the phones are nearly similar so it makes sense to save a bit of money perhaps.

If it was a Desire at 50 vs One X at 200 I'd say the One X no question lol

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been drooling over the one x ever since launch but I'm still in contract for the inspire the one x blows mine out the water check that the ocean but the prospect of an late quad core with root access is extreamly tempting jellybean cm10 roms and possibly key lime pie or what ever the newer android version is dubbed :) don't get me wrong the dual core chip is blazing fast even somewhat out performs the intergra quad in some aspects but this is an late friendly quad core not confirmed but possible lay newer archetecture than the current quad core so idk I can't help it I want the ls3 super charged verses the 350 they're both fast but I want the speed deamon

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Beats me, got a new housing coming in so it will be MINT :) I have the HTC original car dock and otterbox commuter/defender as well. Offer away :)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm the bodies identical so everything else will fit I just want the phone so 105 plus shipping? Sorry I'm not gonna pay more than what I can get at the at&t store as my contract is due January first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37