Problem booting my phone (in all roms)

hananht

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a huge Problem. I am tring to install roms in my htc one x and everything is going fine. however, when the phone restarts my boot screen flashes and it stuck in boot animation. the only way i found to fix it is to fastboot the boot.img and then the phone starts. but again, when i am restarting the phone that problem comes again. i did the following steps:
1. fastboot boot boot.img
2. remove cache/partitions/dalvik
3. flash rom.zip - sadly, all roms in the market :(
4. reboot.
5. PROBLEM!!! NEED TO FASTBOOT BOOT.IMG

i tried also to relock and unlock phone. no success.
i tried flashed recovery to CWM recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img. no success.
i tried also: fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img. no success.

* and it is not my first time i am installing roms in my HTC. it really worked in the past and i was able to flash everything.

the only thing i didnt try is to restore RUU but i didnt find anithing that match my damn phone!!!
all RUUs i found were failed under process due to ModelID faile.

My htc detail is:
- CID - HTC__044
- S-ON
- Radio-1.1204.105.14
- modem path: off

PLEASE HELP!!!

hananht

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
How do i do S-OFF? is this even posible for my CID: HTC__044?
My RUU is asia WWE. i dont think this will going to happen with this?
is that meen that i need to install AOPK? no other option for any sense roms?

the ruu by the way insatlled correctly...

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
How do i do S-OFF? is this even posible for my CID: HTC__044?
My RUU is asia WWE. i dont think this will going to happen with this?
is that meen that i need to install AOPK? no other option for any sense roms?

the ruu by the way insatlled correctly...

s off should of been established during the root process basically s off is for un odexed files and I'm not sure how you got cyanogen with s on usually its a requirement and you can see if they have aokp roms for the one x (I'm sure they do) and if your in America why are you flashing an international rom?? There's two differant chip sets meaning differant binaries meaning if its not built for your phone don't try to flash it it will kill your phone but if you can get into h boot and recovery wipe the dalvic and I'm hoping you made a nandroid backup simply reflash it and see what happens

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
S-OFF means that the NAND portion of the device is unlocked and can be written to. The default setting for HTC?s devices is S-ON, which means that neither can you access certain areas of the system nor can you guarantee a permanent root. Furthermore, signature check for firmware images is also ensured by the S-ON flag.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
S-OFF ? What And Why?

In their devices, HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device?s radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This hinders using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified, this enabling maximum customization of your HTC Android device.

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
So in conclusion with s on you basically screwed yourself over its like an extra lock on the boot loader sure it may be unlocked but for HTC you need s off to modify the system files other wise your eventually going to currupt the files and loose root and what happened to you will happen