Facebook photos in Contacts unsyncing overnight
My wife and I both have HTC One X's. I've had mine almost since launch but the wife just got hers a few days ago and she's having an issue that I never had.
Every day she goes in and links her Contacts manually to their Facebook profile so she can see their Facebook profile pic on her phone. I haven't really been able to find anything to help me get her issue sorted out. The only difference I can see between our contacts is that most of hers are currently saved on her Phone whereas mine are saved to my Google account.
Any clues on this one?
Edit: I guess I should clarify that it's not just the photos, the entire link is getting wiped out.
Last edited by mattkrets; 10-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.
- 10-20-2012, 12:02 AM #2
- 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM #3
Re: Facebook photos in Contacts unsyncing overnight
Try an intervention, and get her to stop syncing to Facebook.
Do it the way Android was intended, by linking all contacts to her Google account.
If all she needs is images, go to Facebook via the browser, long press the image and set-as contact.
Facebook has no part of android, and even their app sucks. Syncing contacts with Facebook is not wise in general (even your non Facebook contacts get leaked to a company with a horrible privacy record). Insisting on using Facebook as your sync cloud for Android is like trying to put a Chevy engine in your Porsche just because all your friends drive Chevys.
Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
- By spectrumuser29 in forum LG SpectrumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
- By sfogle in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2010, 12:47 PM
- By blunt420 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2010, 09:15 PM
- By Reno Melon in forum HTC HeroReplies: 8Last Post: 07-02-2010, 08:51 AM
- By PhantomPhreak53 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:29 PM