Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Facebook photos in Contacts unsyncing overnight

My wife and I both have HTC One X's. I've had mine almost since launch but the wife just got hers a few days ago and she's having an issue that I never had.

Every day she goes in and links her Contacts manually to their Facebook profile so she can see their Facebook profile pic on her phone. I haven't really been able to find anything to help me get her issue sorted out. The only difference I can see between our contacts is that most of hers are currently saved on her Phone whereas mine are saved to my Google account.

Any clues on this one?

Edit: I guess I should clarify that it's not just the photos, the entire link is getting wiped out.
    Last edited by mattkrets; 10-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Default Re: Facebook photos in Contacts unsyncing overnight

Try putting a + then a 1 in front of the numbers, for instance. +15862230000. See if that helps. Good luck .

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Facebook photos in Contacts unsyncing overnight

Try an intervention, and get her to stop syncing to Facebook.

Do it the way Android was intended, by linking all contacts to her Google account.
    If all she needs is images, go to Facebook via the browser, long press the image and set-as contact.

Facebook has no part of android, and even their app sucks. Syncing contacts with Facebook is not wise in general (even your non Facebook contacts get leaked to a company with a horrible privacy record). Insisting on using Facebook as your sync cloud for Android is like trying to put a Chevy engine in your Porsche just because all your friends drive Chevys.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2