What should I use my upgrade for??

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
OK guys the one x or the one x plus? I mean I can't decide! My upgrade is in January. I can't decide on the one x or the one x+ or wait to see what CES brings. Then theirs mobile world congress in February. Idk what to do because HTC mite just unleash a j buttery fly verient for the us and at&t (don't start a rumor mill!! Wishful thinking!!) What do you guys think I should do ? I mean I'll be coming from a calcom scorpion single core chip set to a quad core. I mean my brain mite explode!!

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
amazon has been selling one x for free for the past few weeks now.. so if cost is a consideration, then go with one x.. if not, then just get the one x+.. don't wait for ces or mwc.. anything that gets announced then won't come out till summer and by then we'll be waiting for the fall refresh..

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others, if the budget will allow, go for the One X plus, or the Samsung S3.
Otherwise the current one X is essentially free.
Also, if you don't live in an LTE area, the international version of the one x is a better choice for an outright purchase (your upgrade won't help with that)

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have an upgrade available, I would assume your contract has come to an end. I would opt out, go prepaid, and get an unlocked phone. I'm enjoying unlimited data on T-Mobile for $30 a month. Nothing could ever convince be to go back to a 2 year commitment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you have an upgrade available, I would assume your contract has come to an end. I would opt out, go prepaid, and get an unlocked phone. I'm enjoying unlimited data on T-Mobile for $30 a month. Nothing could ever convince be to go back to a 2 year commitment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Other than the $500 up front purchase price, which it too steep for many people in this economy, I agree.
I haven't used a carrier subsidized phone since I dumped my iphone.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that's keeping me is they got late in baton rouge and are expanding it to my area by February and I'm grandfathered into unlimited unlimited text with all carrier talk as many of my family is prepaid or sprint or friends on Verizon I pay 105 a month for everything

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Other than the $500 up front purchase price, which it too steep for many people in this economy, I agree.
I haven't used a carrier subsidized phone since I dumped my iphone.

I've considered buying full retail and not using a contract but I'm not sure of the benefit for me. Basically I get a phone at $200, sign a 2 year contract, and I pay $160 a month for 2 phones, both with unlimited data. I'm getting about a $20 discount through my work. With that being said is there still a benefit for me?

Sent from my HTC One X

http://db.tt/hPcU7h6L

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
t mobile unlimited data 1 phone 30 dollars a month. 2 phones equal 60 dollars a month. you pay 160 a month for 2 phones on 2 year contract so currently paying 100 a month over 2 years more equals 2400 dollars. plus the 200 you pay for each phone equals 2800.what does a phone cost. unless i've missed something over 2 years you will save a fair bit buying full retail

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I am just stuck I don't want to get rid of my unlimited data!!! All prepaid don't have lte speeds I'm in an lte area I need the speed for my streaming!!! So I got it set up where I pay 105. A month that's UNLIMITED DATA and 500 mins a month with rollover unlimited text all carriers are free and insurance so what do you think go prepaid or just try to keep my contract price and just buy off contract ??

Last edited:

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
t mobile unlimited data 1 phone 30 dollars a month. 2 phones equal 60 dollars a month. you pay 160 a month for 2 phones on 2 year contract so currently paying 100 a month over 2 years more equals 2400 dollars. plus the 200 you pay for each phone equals 2800.what does a phone cost. unless i've missed something over 2 years you will save a fair bit buying full retail

this in theory sounds great, but where I live, I can get 4g and have unlimited data, tmobile (which I tried to see) cannot even get data at all. Until these companies can expand like big red, they will continue to get my coin.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
^^^ that's a nother issue!! we don't even sell t mobile phones at Walmart ,and radio shack here tmo is dead. here my aunt came from Georgia was roaming off at&t. I live a quarter of a mile from an at&t tower! in fact I can stand on my front steps and see the tower while I'm typing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12