1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with default HTC One X mail app

Started this morning. My mail on all 3 email accounts takes forever to refresh. My internet works just fine. I can do everything else. It's just the email takes forever to refresh. Especially when receiving an email. I tried restoring my phone to factory settings but that didn't work.

Default Re: Issues with default HTC One X mail app

Its been a week even i am seeing the same issue. Whenever i try to open the Mail app, it takes forever to refresh. After it refreshes and i finally see my emails, if i try top open any of them, it takes further to open that. Any function, for ex. reply, forward, even delete takes time.
    I tried force disabling and re-enabling the Mail Widget, tried emptying "downloads" folder, tried restarting the phone a few times, but the Mail App is sluggish as never before.
    Any help??

I stopped getting notifications for the past 2 weeks. Didn't change any settings.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ok, folks PLEASE stop setting your phones back to factory every time a little glitch shows up with some app, and please stop recommending that to others as anything but a last ditch effort just before taking the phone in for replacement. M'kay?

Now, those who are having problems, what kind of email account is it? Gmail? Pop3? Imap?
    Is the rest of your Internet fast? Is it equally slow on wifi and 3G/LTE?

My old yahoo account got really slow lately, but I had it set up as imap, which yahoo just barely knows how to do.
    All my gmail and other imap accounts work perfectly.

I use k-9 for everything except my primary gmail account, and i use the Gmail app for that. I use the basic email app for Nothing at all.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2