Jelly Bean finally on HTC One X!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It could be as early as Monday or late as February. In my opinion the later the better, too early and I'll be wanting the next update after JB lol

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Whoa! Looks like my update awaits install on my international HOX.

Here goes nothing.

uploadfromtaptalk1353953330795.jpg

First i had to install the small update above, then reboot to see the main update upon check for updates again.

5e5yvezy.jpg

And it seems to work.

7age3ynu.jpg

After the reboot, the phone checks the play store for updates, and Google search is immediately updated to the most recent verson which is pretty cool

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If the AT&T update comes before the end of the year I'll eat brussel sprouts for my meals for an entire week.
.... ie.... not too confident.....
:-(

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean finally on HTC One X! WARNING

WARNING WARNING

Screen shot your APN settings before you apply this update.
(Note: This pertains to the International model on AT&T only here folks. Don't do this for your AT&T supplied HOX).

Because it seems to mess them up and overlay the existing apn, you may have to make some adjustment
and change some settings. User name and password were missing after my update.
Username for AT&T is WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password for at&t is CINGULAR1 The rest should be the same as you had on ICS.

If you need the settings that work for me see this page (text at bottom)
How to Get an Unlocked Phone to Work on AT&T & T-Mobile (video) | TechnoBuffalo

Quoted:

Name: Cingular 410 <--- What you call it doesn/t matter.
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com/ <---- don't forget that trailing backslash
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

Even after setting according to the above web site, I had to change APN type to get everything to work. MMS still failed.

APN Type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

Last edited:

ChaceLP

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Any word on when we might get 4.1 on At&t... Rumors from last week said anytime but I'm skeptical to say the least. My room mate just got the new Nexus quad core and is on 4.2 and I don't even have 4.1 yet. What gives?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Any word on when we might get 4.1 on At&t... Rumors from last week said anytime but I'm skeptical to say the least. My room mate just got the new Nexus quad core and is on 4.2 and I don't even have 4.1 yet. What gives?

Well, that's the con of not getting a Nexus device... we don't get the pure, sweet Android straight from Google. We have to wait for HTC to make their tweaks to it, then after that, we have to wait for our carrier (in this case AT&T) to add their touches, and after THAT then we have to wait for it to roll out (who knows how long that will take :( )

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
How is the performance after update? Please give some rough review...thanks.

No major differences that I notice in terms of performance, but then I never had any complaints in that area any way.
This phone has always been blindingly fast.
Gerry Hildabrand was gushing about Project Butter, but the phone was always so smooth that I never saw any of the slowness supposedly fixed by that.
I'm running a long duration battery test to see if its any better or worse.

They did foist Google Chrome on you whether you want it or not, and it seems to run much better on JB than it did on ICS, where it was a bandwidth hog. I still prefer stock browser to Chrome, because Stock will zoom and re-wrap text for easier reading, whereas Chrome won't.
To see what I mean go to Google News and try to zoom it up. Stock zooms and rewraps. Chrome either does nothing, or if you adjust the zoom override setting it zooms but does not rewrap, so you have to scroll back and forth to read a paragraph. Stock is just an all around better browser than Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance