Jelly Bean finally on HTC One X!

beemer530d

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded update last night. The only thing I wanted from update was proper multitasking. I went from desire. S to the quad core one x. Never been so disappointed. Desire s ran quicker and better. The update has added a few new features but the all important multitasking seems worse. If using internet you cannot now even switch between open tabs without reloading wepage everytime you switch. I use WiFi only and have on many occasions opened a web page containing details such as phone number or address and taken phone in car with me. I open maps then return to webpage and it is there but reloads already open page and wth no data connection you lose everything.It has to be the worst phone on the market when it comes to this "feature" ad HTC refer to it. In my experience a feature normally refers to something good. My partner is using the sensation updated to ICS and as no issues with multitasking. A far superior phone in usability. With the Sensation you got 1.5 processor, removable battery and sd card plus good camera. I feel likeve been screwed twice by HTC. Firstly when I bought this phone for nearly ?600 and secondly with this piss poor update. Main noticible features are that some keyboard keys have reversed back to gingerbread location. The hide keyboard button has been removed. Just went to another webpage tab and come back to this post and page reloaded and my half written post was gone. What are HTC playing at. :'(

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok... First off.. You can go into developer settings, and increase the background processes (this should fix your multitasking reloading issue), or you could root it, run a sense rom that has AOSP multitasking and solve it there.

The keyboard not having a hide button? Seriously? Hit the back button next time your keyboard is up! Oh my gosh! It's magic!
And you must be high if you truley believe the desire s and sensation is a better phone.

If you hate the phone that much, get rid if it, I'm sure the rest of us don't want to hear someone complain about things that are so easily fixed

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks like super early time on this, so treat it accordingly until more feedback... but there is apparently a JB leak for the XL out and its already being packaged up.
[ROM] [Uploading] Stock Rooted Jelly Bean Sense 4+ - ODEX- - xda-developers

Based on the talk of "asian stuff" being removed, not sure where the source came from, not that it matters for the custom rom stuff. Leaks is step one to the update coming though, so one hurdle down.

kayroleamer

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys, after updating what happens to your apps from Google play? Do you have to download them all over again or is your Google account keep tabs on your apps so you just log in using your gmail account? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Question:

Does the X (or X+ for that matter) suffer from the persistent camera shutter sound that the EVO LTE users have since receiving JB?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Question:

Does the X (or X+ for that matter) suffer from the persistent camera shutter sound that the EVO LTE users have since receiving JB?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

My international version allows me to silence the shutter in the stock camera.

Some countries forbid this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DJD5millennium

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
But i liked the old wallpaper scorlling .. it should have been carried over in jb that was cool in one x, jb should provide that update for htc one x.. what say guys...

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
But i liked the old wallpaper scorlling .. it should have been carried over in jb that was cool in one x, jb should provide that update for htc one x.. what say guys...

Me too. Other devices retained it. But not my hox:'(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

lenny cymru

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,I have the same issue ,every time I revert from one tab to the next it automatically refreshes .I've increased background limit to five in developer settings but to no avail .this has made this phone go from awesome to irritating ,making simple action s impossible .Help !
Found the answer ,you tick don't keep activities in developer option s ,go to home screen then untick the box ! Works a treat !

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad