Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what this means?

re7agu4u.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I had that too this morning around 11. I was able to make it go away and male a call so I just figured it was some fluke. Weird we both had out on the same day.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had it all day yesterday and a few times today. Still don't know what's causing it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There's an article about AT&T and T-Mobile sharing the data network on the east coast because of hurricane Sandy. Might be part of that.

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issue but with voice restriction. Att tech says it a HTC issue. For me I been dealing with this for about two months or more.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351779564130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351779564130.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 499
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351779586350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351779586350.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

yfrigi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problem with my HTC One X. It happens intermittently and when it does I can't receive texts, emails, calls, etc. but I don't know it because it doesn't really show until I try to call or text. Then what I have to do is go and click on airplane mode and click it back off, and then it says 'preparing SIM card' and goes back to normal for a while. I haven't figured out what makes this happens. It happens almost every other day. I've been dealing with this since I got the phone in July of 2012. Please help!

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
No, my seems to only restrict voice in two spots. Seems to happen more often when I been on WiFi for for several hours

sbrile

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the voice service blocked message on my One X this morning. This is the 2nd time its happened since October. Knoxville, Tennessee ATT user.

Anyone ever figure out what causes it?

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Every since jb update I havent had any issues with it.. knock on wood , I hope they fixed it

Tanya Davis1

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Restricted access changed: data service is blocked and voice service is blocked

Too bad it NOT only HTC, I have a LG G3 and mine has been doing this for a while now. I have talked to AT&T over and over and over and the only thing I get from them is let me send you another phone. I had this issue with my HTC One (x3), Galaxy S5 (x1), Galaxy S5 active (x1) and LG G3 (x3) so this issue has been going on for a long time. I have had AT&T for almost 2 years now and nothing but issues with them. I have changed out my SIM card god only knows how many times, with NO resolution. I have spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T tech support and all I get is I have no clue why that is happening and I have never heard of that before. We have no knowledge of this happening, which I know is BS.

I am to the point where I am fed up with AT&T and their garbage Tech support and customer service. They have done NOTHING to try and keep me as a customer and they have done NOTHING to fix the errors I am getting.

If anyone can offer a solution please let me know.

Thanks

Flipfast22

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Change your phone to band 4 it might be your phone is trying to contact cell towers that arent from your isp. If your on tmobile in dallas tx its band 4 and sometimes 20. It might be diffrent for each city but these are most likely the bands for tmobile. Look up at&ts.. Hope it help your situation it helped mine.

Amy Morhaim

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I am having the same problem on my Android HTC 626 and AT&T, who is unfortunately my provider, is not able to fix the problem. They have told me turn the phone off for 20 seconds then turn it on which I have already tried before calling them. I have uninstalled apps and cleaned data from the phone. Now I'm waiting for a representative to call me back yet not holding my breath on it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how were you able to correct it? Thank you.

Trenton Henderson

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I am having the same problem on my Android HTC 626 and AT&T, who is unfortunately my provider, is not able to fix the problem. They have told me turn the phone off for 20 seconds then turn it on which I have already tried before calling them. I have uninstalled apps and cleaned data from the phone. Now I'm waiting for a representative to call me back yet not holding my breath on it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how were you able to correct it? Thank you.

My phone is being controlled by another device

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo