Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Good external battery?

love the Ravpower (not shown) and anker ones.
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    love the Ravpower (not shown) and anker ones.
    Any chance you have the units to review?

Quote Originally Posted by EnlightenedSoul View Post
    Any chance you have the units to review?
    I have the 5600mah for both the Ravpower and Anker. The the charging units actually look the same. Same design, look, and feel, and as far as I can tell, they both charge my galaxy s3 the same. The ravpower one however seems to charge a tiny bit faster than the Anker and this is test charging my phone from 50% to full on both which took Ravpower about 50 minutes but took Anker 55 minutes.. not sure why. The ravpower came with a lot more tips than the anker. It came with charging tips for Nokia, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson, Mini and Micro USBs and a PSP adapter also used for charging the battery charging unit. I recently went on a mini vacay with the wife and her family and I brought both of these along and I'm so glad I did. It was a hit with the whole family and now they want to look into buying one too. I also can see having something like this being very useful for emergency preparedness too.

I also got a 10000mah during one of ravpowers promos and after my trip and love it too and I charge it way less than my 5600mahs.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have the 5600mah for both the Ravpower and Anker. The the charging units actually look the same. Same design, look, and feel, and as far as I can tell, they both charge my galaxy s3 the same. The ravpower one however seems to charge a tiny bit faster than the Anker and this is test charging my phone from 50% to full on both which took Ravpower about 50 minutes but took Anker 55 minutes.. not sure why. The ravpower came with a lot more tips than the anker. It came with charging tips for Nokia, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson, Mini and Micro USBs and a PSP adapter also used for charging the battery charging unit. I recently went on a mini vacay with the wife and her family and I brought both of these along and I'm so glad I did. It was a hit with the whole family and now they want to look into buying one too. I also can see having something like this being very useful for emergency preparedness too.

I also got a 10000mah during one of ravpowers promos and after my trip and love it too and I charge it way less than my 5600mahs.
    Very nice, do you have any pictures?

You sure do ask a lot of questions. Hope you're "enlightened" by all this.
    Anyways, I only have the ravpower one now since I gave the anker one to my mother-in-law since she loved it so much, but it's pretty much the same as this 5600 one but with anker's logo.

5600 mah

10,000 mah
    Thanked by:

Enlightened, does Google work for you?

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

What is this google? j/p. Well i can get all the factory pics I want with google, but I want to see real life pics that aren't altered. My apologies if I offended you sir.

What would be your opinion of this??

Seems quite small and packs 6000mAH, its also made by HTC so the quality should be reasonable.

Here are some pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good external battery?-1.jpg   Good external battery?-5.jpg   Good external battery?-7.jpg   Good external battery?-20130111_171129.jpg  
    Last edited by barlala; 01-16-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

does anyone have this?
    mrbro0ks likes this.

Yea I am looking for a case type battery backup l. I also wonder if that one is any good.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by henilp89 View Post
    does anyone have this?
    Be very careful with batteries made and ship from China. Specially attention to the warranty and return policy.

Sent from my MZ604 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Check the maths:

a 12 volt 10,000mAH battery = 12v 10 AH.
    W=VxA
    12 x 10 = 120 WH, which equals a 'larger battery" in TSA terms.

Full calculations for Li-Ion battery calculations here:

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Hey all, I'm flying down to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I'd like to get an external battery to use on the plane to carry me over while I watch movies on my phone during the flight. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One X
    Just wanted to see if you ended up getting your external battery, and whether or not they let it on the plane. I have the 5600mAh "Ravpower" charger; when I contacted the airline, the CS rep had absolutely no idea what they were. She gave me details about how lithium ion batteries can't weigh more than 24 grams or something :P. I'm travelling to the other side of the globe, and I have a 6-hour layover with a connecting flight; if I can't bring the charger, I'll screwed lol.

Has anyone ever had their external battery chargers confiscated at the airport?

Look, there is no problem traveling by airplane with these commercial units.

Build your own and lash it together with duct tape and they will frog march you away.

But a commercial unit from Anker or any name brand is simply not a problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The Limeade blast is the best battery pack hands down for the money. Check out this video

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by charliehill View Post
    Hello,for new brand I'm not sure about the quality. I also need external battery for Sumsung phone and Ipad, can any powerbank charge both of these? I guess there are different specifications between phone and pad, when you decide, tell me. Have a good day !
    Most external battery packs will tell you what devices are compatible with it.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12