Good external battery?

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about Newtrent but I've heard a lot about Anker and Ravpower. And with the specs being the same it seems ravpower has been on sale more, as low as $30 for 10000mAh.

deankaltsas

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Testing all these batteries... So far the one all the way on the left is the best. It charges the phone the fastest.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355853336825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355853336825.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 56

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
A nice selection. I hope you can do a good write up for us.

A caution about batteries having a fixed micro usb port :
This is a risk to your phone because unless you leave it sitting on the table while charging, you can put a lot of stress on the micro usb port in the phone.

I always recommend using a charger with a cord.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Testing all these batteries... So far the one all the way on the left is the best. It charges the phone the fastest.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

That is a lot of packs, will there be more brands added later? Like the newtrent or ravpower? or even bigger capacity ones? By the way thanks for the picture and quick notice on which works the best for you.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Any chance you have the units to review?

I have the 5600mah for both the Ravpower and Anker. The the charging units actually look the same. Same design, look, and feel, and as far as I can tell, they both charge my galaxy s3 the same. The ravpower one however seems to charge a tiny bit faster than the Anker and this is test charging my phone from 50% to full on both which took Ravpower about 50 minutes but took Anker 55 minutes.. not sure why. The ravpower came with a lot more tips than the anker. It came with charging tips for Nokia, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson, Mini and Micro USBs and a PSP adapter also used for charging the battery charging unit. I recently went on a mini vacay with the wife and her family and I brought both of these along and I'm so glad I did. It was a hit with the whole family and now they want to look into buying one too. I also can see having something like this being very useful for emergency preparedness too.

I also got a 10000mah during one of ravpowers promos and after my trip and love it too and I charge it way less than my 5600mahs.

Last edited:

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the 5600mah for both the Ravpower and Anker. The the charging units actually look the same. Same design, look, and feel, and as far as I can tell, they both charge my galaxy s3 the same. The ravpower one however seems to charge a tiny bit faster than the Anker and this is test charging my phone from 50% to full on both which took Ravpower about 50 minutes but took Anker 55 minutes.. not sure why. The ravpower came with a lot more tips than the anker. It came with charging tips for Nokia, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson, Mini and Micro USBs and a PSP adapter also used for charging the battery charging unit. I recently went on a mini vacay with the wife and her family and I brought both of these along and I'm so glad I did. It was a hit with the whole family and now they want to look into buying one too. I also can see having something like this being very useful for emergency preparedness too.

I also got a 10000mah during one of ravpowers promos and after my trip and love it too and I charge it way less than my 5600mahs.

Very nice, do you have any pictures?

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Very nice, do you have any pictures?

You sure do ask a lot of questions. Hope you're "enlightened" by all this. ;)
Anyways, I only have the ravpower one now since I gave the anker one to my mother-in-law since she loved it so much, but it's pretty much the same as this 5600 one but with anker's logo.

zhxRjUpV

5600 mah

ZU34tXd7

10,000 mah

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
What is this google? j/p. Well i can get all the factory pics I want with google, but I want to see real life pics that aren't altered. My apologies if I offended you sir.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am looking for a case type battery backup l. I also wonder if that one is any good.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I'm flying down to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I'd like to get an external battery to use on the plane to carry me over while I watch movies on my phone during the flight. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One X

Just wanted to see if you ended up getting your external battery, and whether or not they let it on the plane. I have the 5600mAh "Ravpower" charger; when I contacted the airline, the CS rep had absolutely no idea what they were. She gave me details about how lithium ion batteries can't weigh more than 24 grams or something :p. I'm travelling to the other side of the globe, and I have a 6-hour layover with a connecting flight; if I can't bring the charger, I'll screwed lol.

Has anyone ever had their external battery chargers confiscated at the airport?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Look, there is no problem traveling by airplane with these commercial units.

Build your own and lash it together with duct tape and they will frog march you away.

But a commercial unit from Anker or any name brand is simply not a problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2