Dropped my phone, shattered my screen

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
My gorgeous screen now has a thousand cracks through it. Ouch. Anyone have experience with this? Is it possible to replace the screen?

I have ATT insurance, but still sucks for an otherwise perfect device to go to waste

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I found that the soft-touch finish on the poly carbonate housing completely wore off. The phone is like a wet bar of soap now! I dropped mine too a couple of months ago. Just slipped out of my hand. One large crack from the top right corner to about midway down the opposite side. Doesn't affect functionality though so I'm still rocking it.

It's possible to swap out the screen if you can find a shop that will do it for you. Not gonna be cheap. I've been quoted around $150-$200.

rainchild

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my one x plus phone and completely shattered the screen. I stopped by radio-shack cos i saw their sign advertising broken phone screen repairs , they use a 3rd party company called werx screen replacement, but they didn't have the one x plus as a supported phone they repaired so i had to suck it up and go to HTC who charged me a cool $200

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Otter boxed it and I'm getting a nice screen protector for it soon always use a screen protector that gorilla glass 2 is tuff as Hell but not bullet proof you drop it in the rite spot all that stored energy in the electron chain suddenly release then boom cracks every where so please use a case and a good screen protector I do feel bad for you guyes that sucks all we can do is try to protect it as much as possible

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt